HELP! Marantz SR7012 - network bricked?

SpenceJT

SpenceJT

Audioholic Intern
HELP!

is it possible to have bricked the Network on a Marantz SR7012?

Everything else works, but when I go into network settings I'm seeing only two available choices.

- Network/Information
- Network/Diagnostics

All other options are grayed out.

Going into Information it is entirely void of any information (Friendly Name, Connection, DHCP, IP Address (which shows only 0.0.0.0), MAC Address (Ethernet), and MAC Address (Wi-Fi)

I know my network is good because we stream YouTube TV to this television. There issue appears to be related directly to the receiver.

I had found instructions to reset Network (change input to HEOS, then simultaneously press BACK and ENTER). I don't get any reset message, only "Please Wait Connecting".

I have also completed multiple factory resets all to no avail.

Has anyone run into this in the past and recovered it.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
HELP!

is it possible to have bricked the Network on a Marantz SR7012?

Everything else works, but when I go into network settings I'm seeing only two available choices.

- Network/Information
- Network/Diagnostics

All other options are grayed out.

Going into Information it is entirely void of any information (Friendly Name, Connection, DHCP, IP Address (which shows only 0.0.0.0), MAC Address (Ethernet), and MAC Address (Wi-Fi)

I know my network is good because we stream YouTube TV to this television. There issue appears to be related directly to the receiver.

I had found instructions to reset Network (change input to HEOS, then simultaneously press BACK and ENTER). I don't get any reset message, only "Please Wait Connecting".

I have also completed multiple factory resets all to no avail.

Has anyone run into this in the past and recovered it.
We had a post on a Denon recently with the exact same problem. I don't think it was solved.

I think the guys quote for repair was high to replace the Network card. You would also have the hassle of sending the unit to an authorized repair center.

I would get and external streaming device and forget about using the receiver as a streaming device. There are better options anyway. I do not stream with my AVP. I mostly use my HTPC and sometimes Chromecast. I also will use my TV apps, if they have functionality I can't get from Windows.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
If multiple factory/microprocessor resets didn't work not much as a consumer you can do. You sure you followed your manual for your particular model's reset?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
If multiple factory/microprocessor resets didn't work not much as a consumer you can do. You sure you followed your manual for your particular model's reset?
I now note that the Internet is now alive with this issue on Denon/Marantz receivers of that era. It seems particularly to occur after firmware updates. So if anyone has units of that era, do NOT do firmware updates.

These seems like a not uncommon problem now, with no easy solution.

The trouble is once do a reset you go back to the original firmware, but can not update it.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I now note that the Internet is now alive with this issue on Denon/Marantz receivers of that era. It seems particularly to occur after firmware updates. So if anyone has units of that era, do NOT do firmware updates.

These seems like a not uncommon problem now, with no easy solution.

The trouble is once do a reset you go back to the original firmware, but can not update it.
While I'm not crazy about automatic updates (I turn that off), and prefer to know what the update is before I allow it/bother with it, the info on updates from Masimo has been a bit strange lately. I used to monitor denon.jp for such, but now they seem to be under the Heos changelog (I guess that makes sense due the wireless products Masimo already has). I've not run into the cannot update thing, generally if you skip an update, you'll get caught up next time you do an update. It seems the last several years' models there are many more updates than for older models....

SpenceJT

SpenceJT

Audioholic Intern
Yes

I am quite certain now that the network module is corrupted.

Fortunately when I ordered the refurbished SR7012 (Accessorie4Less) in December of 2018, I did so with the purchase of an extended 5 year warranty.

I am currently in the process of determining next steps in getting it serviced.

SpenceJT

SpenceJT

Audioholic Intern
Thank you guys.

I am certain now that the network module is corrupted.

Fortunately when I ordered the refurbished SR7012 (Accessorie4Less) in December of 2018, I did so with the purchase of an extended 5 year warranty.

While I've got an external device for streaming, I intend to keep the receiver as functional as possible, so that I still have access to the remote phone app, as well as the Audessy mobile app (which requires network).

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Before any factory resets, it's always a good idea to simply unplug the unit from power for a bit. Many with network issues concerning other brand AVRs have had success with getting their network features back simply by unplugging their units for a bit. Results will vary of course.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yes

I am quite certain now that the network module is corrupted.

I'm interested in how that extended warranty works for you, please report back!

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
I'm interested in how that extended warranty works for you, please report back!
Me too. There's been a lot of noise in both directions so it would be great to hear some first hand details for a change.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis