Help layout my media room in my new house

sgtpepper9

sgtpepper9

Audioholic
I'm moving into my new house and can't decide how I want to layout my 5.1 speaker setup. The room in the attached file will be the dedicated media room. I'm thinking the tv and floor standing speakers are either going to be on either the wall with the window or along the wall on the right when you walk in. I have a PC-13 sub (definitely overkill in this small room but I'm not getting rid) that will probably go in one of the corners.

What do y'all think? Or do you see an alternative layout I'm not seeing?

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

Attachments

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai

I’d put the system on the left wall. That way you won’t have people who are coming and going in the room waking in front of the TV while you're watching. I’d recommend locating the sofa about 12-13 out from the left wall. That will put the viewing distance ~10-11 ft. from the screen.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

sgtpepper9

sgtpepper9

Audioholic
I’d put the system on the left wall. That way you won’t have people who are coming and going in the room waking in front of the TV while you're watching. I’d recommend locating the sofa about 12-13 out from the left wall. That will put the viewing distance ~10-11 ft. from the screen.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

The room depth in that direction is only 11'. I was thinking if I put it on the window then I could have the sofa about 2 foot off the back wall (the room depth is 13.5' in that direction) to help with acoustics and allow people to walk around the going in front of the tv. If I put it on the side wall the sofa pretty much has to go against the wall.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis