Help in selecting a Yammy tuner

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Standard coax is even too large for the antenna input. The adapter above may do the trick.
I have just traveled 215 miles up to our main home.

I see you are still confused.

If you are going to use an indoor antenna, then this is how you do it.

Your connector is not a US threaded RGB coax connector. It is another vile concoction of the ghastly EU. You have a an IEC connector on the back. However a balun like this will fit either.

So just connect your 200 ohm antenna to the screw terminals. Then push that round connector onto the FM antenna A terminal. Trust me that style of balun will push onto US RGB or EU IEC.

Now you can connect two antennae to that unit and set them at right angles to increase coverage. There is a switch to use either A or B antenna on the front panel.

Unless you are very close to a transmitter do not expect high quality FM with one of those 200 ohm indoor antennas. If you have problems you could use that omni antenna indoors I referenced in my first post. It is designed for in or out use. Another option is an indoor amplified antenna. You have to optimize gain though to optimize signal to noise. Success with them is highly variable.

If you don't get good results, sell it and stream the radio stations. I don't think there is a radio station around you can't get on the NET. Then you can get stations world wide and not just your back yard.

If I had seen you post earlier, I would have talked you out of buying an FM tuner, especially as you are in an apartment. As I said in my first post any FM tuner is only as good as its antenna. That has, is and always will be true. The antenna makes more difference to audio quality than anything else in the FM system.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis