Help identify speakers

G

griffinconst

Senior Audioholic
Black tower speakers, label on the back says MODEL 6.2 at the top and STUDIO MONITOR at the bottom. In between it says:
Min power: 10W RMS
Max power: 200 Watts
Frequency response: 40-20KHZ
Impedance: 8 ohms nominal
Sensitivity: 90db
Crossover: 6500Hz 12 db per octive
Bass reflex type
Black ebany finish

Each speaker has 2-8" drivers and a tweeter.
The dimensions are 10" W / 38" H / 10" D

I was told they cost about $1000 each when new but I don't know how old they are. Sorry but I don't have any pics.
Anyone have a guess on these?

J

jamie2112

Banned
I really think a picture is the only way to identify the speaker......

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
It's over 3' tall, square and black, what more could you need? lol
No name at all? Sounds like White Van speakers. Manufacturers almost always put their name on what they make.

If you can post some photos, maybe we can at least determine the brands of the drivers.

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
No name at all? Sounds like White Van speakers. Manufacturers almost always put their name on what they make.

If you can post some photos, maybe we can at least determine the brands of the drivers.
+1

I don't recall seeing studio monitors that are towers, sounds white van.

Johnny2Bad

Johnny2Bad

Audioholic Chief
It's extremely difficult to tell, but from the specifications alone, it's not confidence-inspiring. They sound like numbers pulled out of a hat, mostly because they are incomplete to the point of being meaningless. The lack of a brand name or manufacturer is a double-whammy. My instincts suggest that that highfigh is probably right on the money with his post.

My best advice is to plug 'em in, and listen, and if you're not happy, and you are stuck for whatever reason to have to use them, use the boxes and replace the drivers + crossover ... (or plan to when you can afford it); you can get help from places like Parts Express as to what might work well with the cabinet volume/construction you have.

If you pop the back or the drivers (whatever works to get a peek), and see a single capacitor for a crossover, that's a pretty good indication that they are generic units that probably are not "really" worth $1000 a pair. Maybe you can sell them and use the cash for a replacement, but if your personal finances mean you have to use them regardless, then I guess you have to use them. Whatever works for you.

Last edited:
G

griffinconst

Senior Audioholic
Thanks for your responses. I do not own these. A friend of my father had them stored for the last couple years and offered them to me for a couple hundred. He says they're the shiznit, imagine that.

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
If you're looking to spend a couple hundred bucks, I make sure you know exactly what your buying. Tell him you need a couple photos, or at least pull a driver out. Sounds a little phony to me. You could also make sure that both woofers are even connected and being used. Its not uncommon with whitevan garb that they aren't.

highfigh

highfigh

A friend of mine had a pair of 'Denmark' speakers that someone at work was selling. IIRC, the asking price was $650 and I assume the name came from Danish speaker components being very popular. They looked very nice. Too bad I couldn't say the same for the sound.

G

griffinconst

Senior Audioholic
Found out they have a port on the front if that helps. I'll try to get a pic.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
2 way system with a 6500 hz crossover?

Now that's funny.

G

griffinconst

Senior Audioholic
Now that's funny.[/QUOTE
That's a good point. It actually says that on the label, I wrote down everything it said on the label.

WHITE VAN!!!!!

I really hate to think my dad's friend tried to sell me a pair of speakers that he
got scammed on. I would never do that to anyone!!! I would take my lumps and move on.
Probably why he had them in storage instead of hooked up. Man, I am pissed at him!!! He's stinkin rich, he doesn't need to scam me.

Did I mention a couple guys tried to sell me a pair of Vanderstines in the parking lot a couple days ago? LOL :eek::rolleyes::rolleyes:

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Don't tell me...

Did I mention a couple guys tried to sell me a pair of Vanderstines in the parking lot a couple days ago? LOL :eek::rolleyes::rolleyes:
... you passed up a chance to get a pair of White Vanderstein speakers? :rolleyes:

(never, ever feed me a straight line.)

G

griffinconst

Senior Audioholic
... you passed up a chance to get a pair of White Vanderstein speakers? :rolleyes:

(never, ever feed me a straight line.)
Very good, how'd I miss that?
I'll keep pitchin them and you keep hittin em out of the park! :rolleyes:p

U

um316b

Audiophyte
I have pictures

I am trying to identify the same set of speakers. I have no more information that Griffin had, but I have pics. Any ideas? Ill post them on photocucket under my username um316b

highfigh

highfigh

I am trying to identify the same set of speakers. I have no more information that Griffin had, but I have pics. Any ideas? Ill post them on photocucket under my username um316b
Any chance that you would want to remove a woofer and the tweeter, so we can see what they are?

U

um316b

Audiophyte
Sure, I added them -PICS of the speakers

[/url][/IMG]

[/url][/IMG]

See more pics at photobucket username um316b

Last edited by a moderator:
Pure_Brew

Pure_Brew

Enthusiast
"Rogue Traders - White Van speakers"

(you'll have to put this in You-Tube search as I'm too new to post links)

I googled a bit and found that these are indeed the white van speakers.

I saw another model that had the same label, but also with the "Dynalab" on it. Since it's all generic and just a sticker, that makes it easy to change as the name becomes more familiar. Everything otherwise is a near perfect match.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis