Help for setting Denon 2900

T

Triad

Audiophyte
Ok. First of all, my english is not impressive, so I hope you can understand what I say.
I have a DVD Denon 2900, an AV receiver Harmann Kardon AVR520, 4 Bowers & Wilkins DM603 S3, 1 B&W center series 600 and 1 Infinity SW.
The set up (as DENON recommends) is complete, I put both digital connections (coax and opt) in the right way for DVD video in order to decoding Dolby and DTS in the AVR520, and i put the three pair of RCA connections to the direct 6CH output/input connections for SACD and DVD audio and release the Denon 2900 from the excessive digital sign decoding and to optimize the analog sign sent it to the 6 Ch output (as Denon recommends).
In order to maintain this recommendation I select the DVD mode to use the DVD video and to decode with the internal decoders of the AVR.
To use de SACD and the DVD Audio I put the AVR in the 6CH direct mode and I set the PURE MODE on the Denon 2900 to disconnect the digital signal process in order to achieve a better analog sign ant to improve the sound quality.
The mode DVD in the AVR520 have digital input from both coaxial or optical connections, so i can setting the loudspeakers with the SPL integrated in the remote of the AVR520 for the DTS and Dolby decoding process, (no problem with that)
The mode 6CH Direct in the AVR520 have the six channel connections, so I need to set the louspeakers without SPL meter (because now the set signal sound comes from the DVD2900) so I can do one of two things I guess:

1.- To let the signal DB from the 2900 in 0db and adjust the level from the AVR (taking one of the custom settings that i have done with the SPL) for example in 5db for front channels, 6db for center and SW and 5 for Surround channels. or
2.- The contrary, all the channels of the AVR on 0db and the DVD2900 in the mentioned custom setting .
QUESTION: Is that posible? do i need an external SPL for setting them correctly? what do you recommend me?

Thanks in advice.
Francisco Bonilla.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis