Help for a Newbie - WII & HD Advice

F

Fatcat153

Audiophyte
Hi All,

Sorry for the no brainer question, please feel free to redirect me to the relevant post if this has been answered before !

I am a UK Resident, I have a SKY HD box that is fed directly from a dish, this in turn is connected to my Samsung Flat Screen TV by a HDMI Cable. I also have a HT System (Panasonic) which has an optical out from the SKY box to the HT, thus I get surround sound from my DVD player. The picture for the HT is from a scart cable from the DVD player to the TV - (the TV only has 1 HDMI connection)

All seems to work fine, however I also have a WII that is connected using the red/White/Yellow lead and I can't get any surround sound for the WII - I guess this is because there is no connection to the HT ! However on my old HT system (Sony) with no optical output I did - can anyone pls advise what I need to change to make life better.

I have checked the Sky Box and there is only 1 HDMI, as there is on the HT, all in all, 1 TV, 1 SKY Box, 1 HT System and 1 WII - whats the best way to hook it all up for the maximum benefit.

Thanks in advance.

FC

Nemo128

Nemo128

Audioholic Field Marshall
All seems to work fine, however I also have a WII that is connected using the red/White/Yellow lead and I can't get any surround sound for the WII - I guess this is because there is no connection to the HT !
Sorry to disappoint you, but the Wii has no surround capability. It only outputs stereo, so you don't need to worry about connecting the audio to a digital input.

Some games for Wii are recorded in Dolby Pro Logic, but it's still 2 channel.

F

Fatcat153

Audiophyte
Thanks for that, is there any way that I could connect the WII to the HT so I don't have to turn that off all the time and then put the TV volume up ?

Is there such a lead available for the WII - I would prefer to be able to use the Aux input on the HT to connect the WII rather than having to mess around with TV controls all the time ?

FC

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
Try connecting your Wii directly to your home theater. If it can convert the video to the right output for your TV, you will be done. If there is a problem with this, ask again.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis