Help deciding on subwoofer for home theatre room

vader540is

vader540is

Full Audioholic
I called SVS and spoke to somebody in the tech dept. He saw the pictures of the space and gave him the square footage. He is recommending dual PB-3000 based on the space. Not saying I am not going with PB-3000 but would like similar power recommendations.
Power Sound Audio TV1512 or Rythmik FV15HP

Here is a sweep in my living room with no EQ, I'm waiting on my Mini-DSP-HD to help fatten my FR.

When adjusting to flatten out, you never boost, you cut.

I was originally gonna buy two subs, but when watching movies and listening to music, I'm extremely happy. Only reason I'll buy a and sub is to help flatten out my FR and help get rid of some nulls.

tapatalk_-162943949_400x265.jpg

D

dpriest

Audioholic Intern
Power Sound Audio TV1512 or Rythmik FV15HP

Here is a sweep in my living room with no EQ, I'm waiting on my Mini-DSP-HD to help fatten my FR.

When adjusting to flatten out, you never boost, you cut.

I was originally gonna buy two subs, but when watching movies and listening to music, I'm extremely happy. Only reason I'll buy a and sub is to help flatten out my FR and help get rid of some nulls.

View attachment 42237
Thank you!

D

dpriest

Audioholic Intern
OK. I'm looking to narrow it down between these two based on recommendations from this thread. Since I have not heard any of these subs before, looking for a recommendation between the PB-3000 and the Power Sound Audio V1512 from those that have heard both. Thx.

vader540is

vader540is

Full Audioholic
OK. I'm looking to narrow it down between these two based on recommendations from this thread. Since I have not heard any of these subs before, looking for a recommendation between the PB-3000 and the Power Sound Audio V1512 from those that have heard both. Thx.
Not the V1512 it's the newer TV1512 it has a lower port tune around 12hz. It's not on the PSA website. Email PSA

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
I would do the PSA V1812 over the V1512 for only $250 more

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What would you "hear" exactly? Bass tones just need to be accurate with as low distortion as possible IMO. Auditions not setup well are a waste of time, too.

vader540is

vader540is

Full Audioholic
What would you "hear" exactly? Bass tones just need to be accurate with as low distortion as possible IMO. Auditions not setup well are a waste of time, too.
You wouldn't hear anything. You would get more TR.

vader540is

vader540is

Full Audioholic
LOL I might have figured that out after a while....never bother abbreviating it. We pulling out our vibrameter app or do we have a clear winner on that score particularly?
The butt dyno.

You can also build a Hover Boss platform.

vader540is

vader540is

Full Audioholic
Be aware that all this talk about 'tactile response' is largely hearsay without any science to back it up.
Correct, however, I can still feel a difference between my PB4000 compared to my TV1812 night and day... My whole couch shakes and I can feel it in my body, it's awesome.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
"Tactile transducer". Is that your nickname for your bed pan?:D
You have a strange imagination....baked too long in Bakersfield? That's what the company who made it calls it in any case....

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
You have a strange imagination....baked too long in Bakersfield? That's what the company who made it calls it in any case....
You must warm up as the chill of the morning burns off. I'll catch after lunch.;)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis