Help can i connect 2 subs on my receiver?

P

PlayboyTatts

Audiophyte
I have an old JVC RX5030 receiver with a JBL PS100 sub and a pair of Klipse F10 tower speakers connected. Would it be possible to connect another sub with this old receiver or upgrade my receiver b4 even trying to connect 2 subs? Any other advice will be gratefully appreciated

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
MalVeauX

MalVeauX

Senior Audioholic
Hi,

As above; if you have a pre-amp sub out unbalanced RCA channel on the back of your receiver, you can use a RCA male to RCA 2 x male cable (Y cable) to split the signal to two and send it out to two powered subs. I'm doing this right now with two different subs from a single pre-amp out on the back of a low end receiver that's old in my office.

Very best,

P

PlayboyTatts

Audiophyte
Ty guys but now I'm confused cuz I got 2 answers
Male rca× 2male rca
Male rca×2female rca

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Ty guys but now I'm confused cuz I got 2 answers
Male rca× 2male rca
Male rca×2female rca
Well, lol. It depends. If you already have the rca cables for both subs the short male rca x 2 female rca is what you want.

OR... if you don't already have the cables you can buy a longer male rca x 2 male rca to go from your receiver to your subs.

MalVeauX

MalVeauX

Senior Audioholic
Hi,

Just depends on how you connect them. Doesn't matter if you're using male/female, as long as it results in connecting to your equipment.

Example:

Out from receiver is obviously female. So you need a male insert there, then output as a split (Y) to either male or female depending on what your next cable is. If your next cable to one sub is male/male, then you want a female termination on the Y. If your next cable to one sub is a female/male, then of course, use a male termination on the Y. Either way works, you're just gender matching based on whatever cables and terminations you're using.

Very best,

P

PlayboyTatts

Audiophyte
Ty for taking the time to explain that perfectly I can't understand

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis