SVS pb 1000 $500 US

Klipsch R-12SW on ebay $330 US

Yamaha NS-SW300PN on ebay $450 US

thanks for read and for your help

Last edited:
A

aweir

Enthusiast
I would definitely go with the SVS pb 1000. It has a higher RMS wattage and goes down to 19Hz.
I had that Klipsch subwoofer and returned it the next day because it barely hit below 29Hz. I was extremely disappointed. Actually I really dislike all their speakers but that's just me. And there was terrible port noise.
The Yamaha is also good but I think it's a bit underpowered at only 250 watts (and Yamaha does not publish the RMS wattage or frequency rolloff in the +/-3 Db rating like SVS does)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The amp rating of a sub is useless without knowing the sensitivity of the sub....an 87dB sub with a 500w amp wouldn't have an advantage in terms of amp power over 90dB sub with a 250w amp....

Of your three choices the SVS would be the clear leader. I'd also consider the Hsu VTF-2 Mk5 at your budget

A

aweir

Enthusiast
The amp rating of a sub is useless without knowing the sensitivity of the sub....an 87dB sub with a 500w amp wouldn't have an advantage in terms of amp power over 90dB sub with a 250w amp....

Of your three choices the SVS would be the clear leader. I'd also consider the Hsu VTF-2 Mk5 at your budget
Sorry but I would NOT recommend spending $500 on a subwoofer with a foam surround.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis