Hello there - new member with speaker question

W

Will Val

Audiophyte
Hi there people. Hoping I can find someone who can help find replacement tweeters for my speakers or else if anyone has heard of OHM model i speakers made in 1980. My problem is that one low tweeter is dead and I need to find a replacement. Speakers have high tweeters as well as low tweeters. My question is does anyone have specs on these tweeters. Would replacing this low range tweeter with another 8 ohm low tweeter work? Thanks for your help friends. Will

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
I don't know where to go look for the drivers. But I can tell you that you want original equipment. The drivers are integral to the design of the systems. You can't put any tweeter you want without altering the sound of the system. The first place to go in your search is to the manufacturer.

W

Will Val

Audiophyte
I have gone back to the manufacturer but they are very expensive plus I have to buy them in pairs as they don't make them exactly like original anymore. Plus I need to send them the old tweeters before they will ship out the new ones. Too many hoops. Thanks for your response fmw.

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai

I’ve had good luck finding drivers from (and for) vintage speakers on ebay.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis