Hello. My Name is Seth, and I am an Audioholic....

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Buckeyefan,

I established some debt due to compulsive purchases, not just audio/video/electronics stuff either.:)

A list(prices paid for),

NHT 1.5s - $75 for the pair

JVC RX-DP9V - $330

Definitive Technologies Prosub 100 - $150

I already have the Prosub 100 and the JVC up for auction on Ebay. I will be sad to see the JVC go, not so much the Def. Tech.

I have 6 days left on the auctions.

Most important, I need to get a JOB!!!!
I have removed the JVC from auction. If I sell it, it will be here (I don't know if I will be selling it)

I added the NHT 1.5 speakers to auction off on Ebay.

I don't know if any of this is really relevant or not, but I figured I would let Buckeyefan and anyone that is interested know.

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
Good to see you are getting control of everything. I know when I first started buying things for my A/V set up it was hard to find things I didn't want. Good thing my girl was there to smack me a couple times :). Hope everything works out well for you and you don't run too far away from this amazingly addictive hobby.

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Seth,

Good for you to put up that equipment on ebay. PM me on what you need to get out of that JVC. What do you have in the meantime for surround? Didn't you sell your Yamaha?

I almost pulled the plug on the Onkyo 805 - my buddy is an installer and can get me anything at cost (I probably shouldn't have told you mooches this). I can get the 805 at $695 plus shipping, but I may wait for the 875 with better video processing. It won't be out for awhile, and I can still use an interim 5 channel AVR.

The biggest lesson here is letting go of addictions that we label as hobbies. I wish I could label my beer drinking as a hobby, but every time I try to squeeze into my 36" shorts, I'm reminded of this beer addiction. :rolleyes:

Seth - Amen for you to come out and get this off your back. Man, that's hard to do, but I think we all respect you that much more for saying whats on your mind. It's so hard to do that behind a monitor where you can "paint a picture" of who you want to be instead of "who you really are." You'll go far in life, my friend. Don't change a bit. Honesty goes a long way.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Seth,

Good for you to put up that equipment on ebay. PM me on what you need to get out of that JVC. What do you have in the meantime for surround? Didn't you sell your Yamaha?

I almost pulled the plug on the Onkyo 805 - my buddy is an installer and can get me anything at cost (I probably shouldn't have told you mooches this). I can get the 805 at $695 plus shipping, but I may wait for the 875 with better video processing. It won't be out for awhile, and I can still use an interim 5 channel AVR.

The biggest lesson here is letting go of addictions that we label as hobbies. I wish I could label my beer drinking as a hobby, but every time I try to squeeze into my 36" shorts, I'm reminded of this beer addiction. :rolleyes:

Seth - Amen for you to come out and get this off your back. Man, that's hard to do, but I think we all respect you that much more for saying whats on your mind. It's so hard to do that behind a monitor where you can "paint a picture" of who you want to be instead of "who you really are." You'll go far in life, my friend. Don't change a bit. Honesty goes a long way.
I really appreciate those kind words, thank you.:)

You are correct, you should not have told me about the TX-SR805 for $695, that is just upsetting.:(

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Seth,

You are one of my favorite posters. You are always helpful and have never said an unkind word to anybody. I sorry to hear that you find yourself in any kind of trouble, but in this case I understand how it can happen. I've been there and it took me years to recover. (My obsession was cars and they will bleed your wallet dry.)

My best advice comes from paraphrasing Cheryl Crow - It's not getting what you want, it's wanting what you've got. Be sure that what you get has a place or a purpose in your life that leads you to where you want to be. This includes education, work, relationships, hobbies, etc. Decide where and how you want to be, then pass over or discard those things that prevent you from achieving the end goal.

Also, take any advice that HighFiHoney offers. I haven't seen any more sensible person when it comes to balancing life with a hobby as passionate and addictive as this.

Stay with us, work through your current troubles and learn from the experience, relax and enjoy the hobby for what it is. You have a lot to offer to the forum, but remember to take care of #1 first.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis