hello everyone ! :D im a Norwegian audionoob!

A

AudioNoComprende

Audiophyte
hey ya'll! im all new here ! got many speakers but dont know much about them :( can you guys help me a bit ? :D and also i dont know much about connecting stuff up :( its confusious. only thing is my stereo with B&W and amp and i got speakers in my car ^__^ but i got many more speakers and amps but dont know much about them. i can post pictures of them if u want to see :D

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Welcome to the forums! All the way out there in Norwegia, huh? :p

We might be able to help you get started and offer some opinions but a proper list of your gear would be helpful. We need more than "B&W and amps". B&W are capable of making good speakers, but they're also pretty good at making "meh" speakers too. Brands and models. If you have some pics, that's great but we'd still need the details on what's what.

A

AudioNoComprende

Audiophyte
i got a 686 BW set up to a NAD 7120! is this a good setup?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
i got a 686 BW set up to a NAD 7120! is this a good setup?
Thought you had more? What other speakers do you have?

B&W 600 series isn't my first choice but you could do worse. You have the 686 bookshelf speakers? Per this review they have a pretty rough frequency response, but use decent parts.
Plus with a sensitivity of 84 dB that little NAD isn't going to offer much at 20 wpc. You want some very sensitive speakers to go with a low power amp like that so not a great combination. You said you had amp(s) and speaker(s), plural, tho so what else do you have?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm looking more closely at your post and realizing we might be dealing with a language barrier here. Are the NAD and B&W speakers all you have? Your first post reads kind of like you have a bunch of speakers...

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
That little NAD 7120 is vintage 1983. The styling was more refined than what was coming out of Japan. Simple lines and looks but considered well made at the time. Hifiengine says it sold for 180 British pounds at the time. 20 watts per channel may not be much but most Europeans live in apartments and can't play music that loud any way. ;)

C

ciotime

Audioholic
Arendal speakers is a Norwegian based company. James Larsen just reviewed a pair of THX 1723 monitors and he thinks highly of them.

A

AudioNoComprende

Audiophyte
I'm looking more closely at your post and realizing we might be dealing with a language barrier here. Are the NAD and B&W speakers all you have? Your first post reads kind of like you have a bunch of speakers...
yes im sorry language barried i got multiple systems but im first asking bout my stereo setup :)

A

AudioNoComprende

Audiophyte
houw would jamo 606 go with the yamaha ax-v1067? i got side speakers bass and 2 towers and a middle speaker! i have NO clue where to put my wires :S

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Usually the product manual will provide instructions with diagrams.. .

Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
how would jamo 606 go with the yamaha ax-v1067? i got side speakers bass and 2 towers and a middle speaker! i have NO clue where to put my wires :S
Most amplifiers have a relatively flat frequency response so any speaker will go with the Yamaha. That appears to be an older model that does not have automatic equalization (tone adjustment). You should read the owners manual to get familiar with its features and connection options:

European owners manual here.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis