Hello all! New member to the forums but huge fan of Audioholics!

Stevor

Stevor

Audiophyte
Hi, I thought I’d introduce myself! 68 yo longtime audio hobbyist who finds Audioholics to be the internet version of the magazines I used to subscribe to Stereo Review, Audio, etc. My history in audio 1st system Kenwood receiver KLH 6 speakers, unfortunately destroyed in a house fire that also destroyed the house as well. 2nd system Double Advent stacked, Pioneer 1010 at the time the most powerful receiver available from major manufacturers, Tandberg R2R with Dolby B processing one of only two known, to me, R2R various turntables till my ultimate purchase of a Kenwood with the composite construction and a Grace arm and cartridge. Changed speakers to Polk model 10B’s and had them with various electronics over the years. I’ve always been enamored with multichannel and in the late 70’s early ‘80’s i got one of the first surround sound setups An ADS digital delay complete with included rear speakers and 100wpc! Quite a few receivers have passed through since those days. I lost my voice to cancer exactly 3 years ago and realized there was no time left to get a system to my liking within frugal constraints (the law of diminishing returns) So began an upgrade on a whim and after some missteps now have these systems Pioneer Elite 73 series 5 speaker Atmos system with Pioneer BS22’s as the rear channels. With Denon 3600x receiver acting as mainly my pre/pro with my sleeper amplification of Sonance 5150 THX Ultra 5 channel amp and 4 2120 2 channel amps, these amps are all made by ATI and are a bargain if you can find them.
My second system (in the same room) is Magnapan LRS, PS Audio .7 pre and using 2 channels of the 5 channel amp. My Xmas present to myself was the purchase of 2 SVS PB12 NSD to replace the 4 mismatched subs I’m using at the moment. Sorry I’m so long winded but thought it was a succinct overview. Cheers from the land of what some consider the Evil Empire - Microsoft and no, I am one of the few that doesn’t work for them, Amazon, or Google.

Last edited:
Hamid Khan

Hamid Khan

Junior Audioholic
Welcome Stevor, I am sure you will be a great addition to the forum.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Hey there Stevor! Welcome to Audioholics! Looks like you're right in the thick of things in the audio world. You'll fit right in!

HTfreak2004

HTfreak2004

Senior Audioholic
Hi, I thought I’d introduce myself! 68 yo longtime audio hobbyist who finds Audioholics to be the internet version of the magazines I used to subscribe to Stereo Review, Audio, etc. My history in audio 1st system Kenwood receiver KLH 6 speakers, unfortunately destroyed in a house fire that also destroyed the house as well. 2nd system Double Advent stacked, Pioneer 1010 at the time the most powerful receiver available from major manufacturers, Tandberg R2R with Dolby B processing one of only two known, to me, R2R various turntables till my ultimate purchase of a Kenwood with the composite construction and a Grace arm and cartridge. Changed speakers to Polk model 10B’s and had them with various electronics over the years. I’ve always been enamored with multichannel and in the late 70’s early ‘80’s i got one of the first surround sound setups An ADS digital delay complete with included rear speakers and 100wpc! Quite a few receivers have passed through since those days. I lost my voice to cancer exactly 3 years ago and realized there was no time left to get a system to my liking within frugal constraints (the law of diminishing returns) So began an upgrade on a whim and after some missteps now have these systems Pioneer Elite 73 series 5 speaker Atmos system with Pioneer BS22’s as the rear channels. With Denon 3600x receiver acting as mainly my pre/pro with my sleeper amplification of Sonance 5150 THX Ultra 5 channel amp and 4 2120 2 channel amps, these amps are all made by ATI and are a bargain if you can find them.
My second system (in the same room) is Magnapan LRS, PS Audio .7 pre and using 2 channels of the 5 channel amp. My Xmas present to myself was the purchase of 2 SVS PB12 NSD to replace the 4 mismatched subs I’m using at the moment. Sorry I’m so long winded but thought it was a succinct overview. Cheers from the land of what some consider the Evil Empire - Microsoft and no, I am one of the few that doesn’t work for them, Amazon, or Google.
907CECFC-B995-4B81-8A59-B3DACC29D68B.png
:D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis