j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Saw it on Fri. It was OK, but it seems to have gone a bit overboard. It is visually impressive, but there were a number of times where there was just too much going on on-screen. The story was weaker than the first one and it was both a bit too busy and too predictable - seemingly pulling scenes or plot pieces directly from other movies: a little Harry Potter here and there, and at times it could even pass for MIB. It was entertaining and the cinematography is great, but it didn't quite deliver an engaging story. Seems like it will be a good one for LFE as a rental, and I'd have to say I might recommend waiting to rent it instead.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Wow, the story was actually worse than the first one?!?! I thought the first one was paper thin. Bummer.

The wife and I just got back from finally getting around to seeing The Hulk. Pretty cool, though I would have liked a little more action. But definitely better than that Ang Lee pile of crap.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Seen Hell Boy 2 yesterday. It was decent. It does seem to be more of a comedy than anything. I thought Ron Pearlman did a great job as always in that type of role.

Cheers,

Phil

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
Just good pure entertainment. Don't go in thinking you're gonna see The Shawshank Redemption!

-pat

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Just good pure entertainment. Don't go in thinking you're gonna see The Shawshank Redemption!

-pat
QFT. I have a friend that says he hates all the comic book movies, yet he loved Sin City. He didn't get why we were all laughing at him.

I honestly don't know how anything is going to survive once The Dark Knight comes out. BTW, I'm watching a midnight screening in IMAX for that.

SheepStar

M

Mw`

Junior Audioholic
^ Agreed...saw it with buddies at the drafthouse (serve beer/food during movies) and it was a lot of fun. You'll definitely recognize Deltoro's style if you've watched any of his other flicks.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
It's not high art but it is great fun. It's a comic book fer heavens sake and Ron Pearlman makes a great, swaggaring, smart-mouthed, but still vulernable super hero.

Yes, it was derivitive in some places, but it was a visual spectacle and lot of fun.

I do see another sequel (triquel?) in the offing, though.

My one biitch is that they moved HQ from Newark, where I was born, to Trenton.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
They touched on a lot of things that look forward, and clearly there will be another one :) It was fun eye candy mostly IMO, I just expected a little more. Yes, based on comic books, but not all comics are "paper thin" when it comes to story. I've never read any of the comics, so I am coming in with no previous knowledge of the series and I don't feel like I got a deeper feel for much from this one.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, saw this one yesterday. I thought it was "good", but not "great".

I thought it was kind of "weak" how vunerable Hellboy is.

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
Watched it today,wasnt none too impressed with any of it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis