Height Channels too High

W

Wabbit

Junior Audioholic
Room in maybe 14" deep with a sloping front and rear ceiling that meets to about 5 foot top in the middle way up high were my front atoms in ceiling heights are.

I have absorption and diffusion panels at the main stage height, but all that extra wall above makes those front heights very bouncy. The trick is to correct it without making it look awful with treatment running up that heigh on the walls.

Anyone play with solutions for heights that are too high? Apart from telescoping them down, I was playing with the idea of absorption hanging vertically off the side of them. Kinda like a barn-door for a light to kill the sound before it got to the walls. Short of a DIY horn that would work in making them more directional, but not totally alter their sound. I can't find any applicable product.

W

Wabbit

Junior Audioholic

Well there you go. Lol.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
You said not ugly though lol. Those look functional but kind of mud flappy.

GIK panels can be had with whatever art / color you like that would look good and achieve some of what you're after to sort of make them either blend in or look artsy.

W

Wabbit

Junior Audioholic
Makes me wonder, a single mud flap, or a whole walled surface.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Room in maybe 14" deep with a sloping front and rear ceiling that meets to about 5 foot top in the middle way up high were my front atoms in ceiling heights are.

I have absorption and diffusion panels at the main stage height, but all that extra wall above makes those front heights very bouncy. The trick is to correct it without making it look awful with treatment running up that heigh on the walls.

Anyone play with solutions for heights that are too high? Apart from telescoping them down, I was playing with the idea of absorption hanging vertically off the side of them. Kinda like a barn-door for a light to kill the sound before it got to the walls. Short of a DIY horn that would work in making them more directional, but not totally alter their sound. I can't find any applicable product.
Any pics of your set up ? I’d personally just wall mount them as heights if your ceiling is too high , although I got no clear how tall your ceiling is 14” deep?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis