Heard The Samsung HW-990D Soundbar.

Epsonfan

Epsonfan

Full Audioholic
I am NOT a fan of soundbars but I heard the Samsung 990D and pretty impressed with it .with less boxes of speakers all over the place. I didn't hear Dragan $3950 and the Sonos, but this Samsung I like.

Epsonfan

Epsonfan

Full Audioholic
Got a good deal direct from Samsung for $1275 if you sign in their site & if you a member of AAA , you get the Soundbar for $1275

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Got a good deal direct from Samsung for $1275 if you sign in their site & if you a member of AAA , you get the Soundbar for $1275
That is a lot of cash for a bunch of miserable portable radio speakers, 15 to be precise.

The idea that you can make a unit like that have surround Atmos and wide speakers in a bar, has absolutely no engineering or acoustic validity, absolutely none.

The reviewer on sound and vision was bemoaning that it did not have room correction!
With a contraption like that even the worst of rooms will be the least of the problems.

This is all cynical marketing at its worst.

Epsonfan

Epsonfan

Full Audioholic
That is a lot of cash for a bunch of miserable portable radio speakers, 15 to be precise.

The idea that you can make a unit like that have surround Atmos and wide speakers in a bar, has absolutely no engineering or acoustic validity, absolutely none.

The reviewer on sound and vision was bemoaning that it did not have room correction!
With a contraption like that even the worst of rooms will be the least of the problems.

This is all cynical marketing at its worst.
My son didn't like the heat generated from the receiver and powered subs in the speakers & wires allover the place & his 77 inch Sony OLED .So he opted for the soundbar . I totally get what you're saying . I feel his point of view as well.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
My son didn't like the heat generated from the receiver and powered subs in the speakers & wires allover the place & his 77 inch Sony OLED .So he opted for the soundbar . I totally get what you're saying . I feel his point of view as well.
These soundbars can sound nice, and do have appeal to some for aesthetics.
Im sure your son will enjoy it.

But, like TLS Guy says, that's a lot of money for very little equipment especially considering that when it dies, you have to toss the whole thing.
Double Whammy !!

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Spartan
With a Sony OLED TV that can act as a center channel speaker, was the Sony Bravia Theatre Quad system ever considered?

Epsonfan

Epsonfan

Full Audioholic
With a Sony OLED TV that can act as a center channel speaker, was the Sony Bravia Theatre Quad system ever considered?
He did try the Sony SoundBar [but not the Sony Bravia setup} using the TV as center channel he preferred the Samsung.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis