Headphones to replace my Bose Earbuds

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Yes,

I am not asking for much to improve sound quality from the bose, but for some reason, every time when I fly and use those ear buds, I come back with sudden hearing loss in my left ear. I have experimented with this twice and both times I had to go to an ear doctor who gives me some meds (steroids) for my ear.

I would like to stay around $300.00, don't really care if it's wireless or not, I mainly only use when I fly.

I have looked at the PSB models, but would consider others. Would like to stay away from Sony / Klipsch.

I have been on a big acoustic kick for music but I listen to everything except Thrash Metal bands.

Any suggestions?

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Shure SE425. I own these and no complains for sq.
Comfort will vary depends on ear canal share, but they come with several use replaceable tips

AJM

AJM

Audioholic Intern
I'm generally not a big fan of Bose, but their QC25 headphones are quite good and the noise cancelling is very impressive and useful for travel. And I think they are priced right at your budget.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Shure SE425. I own these and no complains for sq.
Comfort will vary depends on ear canal share, but they come with several use replaceable tips
That's why I wanted to stay away from ear buds, but those do look nice

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Ok that was a quick purchase, thought I would take more time, but found the PSB M4U2 Headphones for $249.00 on sale. Like the fit and sound quality so picked them up. Lucky I was at a client site that was right next to an audio store

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
You sure it's not mostly the cabin pressure that makes your ears stop up causing loss of hearing? My ears handle changes of air pressure horribly. I'm usually mostly deaf for a day every time I fly. Chewing gum helps a bit, but mostly I'm just screwed, especially upon descent. Not just hearing loss, I also get stabbing pain in my ears. I hope you fare better than I.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Forum Fiend OSP v1.3.3.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
You sure it's not mostly the cabin pressure that makes your ears stop up causing loss of hearing? My ears handle changes of air pressure horribly. I'm usually mostly deaf for a day every time I fly. Chewing gum helps a bit, but mostly I'm just screwed, especially upon descent. Not just hearing loss, I also get stabbing pain in my ears. I hope you fare better than I.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Forum Fiend OSP v1.3.3.
Not a bad as you describe, but different. My ear is fine when I get off the plane, then a day latter, I loose all low frequency hearing in my left ear, like swimmers ear. It's really strange feeling. When I got hearing tested, my left hear was significantly worse than right. He gave me some Prednisone and it goes back to normal. This was about 6 months ago and now. Otherwise when my hearing is normal he says I have the hearing of a 10 year old.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis