Headphones L & R channel balance - pls help me listen to a few songs?

G

goldyn chyld

Audiophyte
Hi there,

recently I bought a pair of bluetooth over-ear headphones, namely Anker Soundcore Q30 and I'm quite pleased with the sound (esp. after tweaking the EQ settings a bit). However, after testing them for a while I've come to certain conclusions but I'm not sure if it's my ears/brain playing tricks on me or is it about the headphones (I'd almost certainly say it's the latter rather than the former).

Therefore, I'd kindly like to ask you to listen to the tracks I posted below and please focus mostly on DRUMKICK & BASS. Do they sound centered (i.e. drum kick coming equally strong both from L & R channel)? Or is the kick/bass more LEFT-centered, or perhaps more RIGHT-centered?

I don't want to give you any clues yet, so to avoid possible expectation bias, but I'll post my findings later. I want to add that the "issue" that I hear seems to be apparent in certain songs, yet in others seems to be (almost or completely) non-existent.

In addition, I also tested these songs on my wired Apple earpods and my wireless Jaybird X4's and these two more or less sound equally fine, as opposed to the above Soundcore Q30's.

Sample 1:

Sample 2:

Sample 3:

Sample 4:

Sample 5:

N

noway

Enthusiast
Why go to all that trouble when you can do the same with a single mono song, preferably something you have on hand where you know where it came from instead of Youtube?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis