Headphone extension cable suggestions???

D

dan2036

Audiophyte
Looking for recommendations for a relatively inexpensive (<20$) headphone extension cable. I have Klipsch X10i headphones and i'm looking to connect them to my Yamaha receiver. The connection on the receiver is a 1/4" jack and my headphones are 3.5mm. I was just wondering if anyone had suggestions for quality cables of between 5-10ft and also whether I should get an extension cable with a 1/4" jack and use an adaptor on the headphone end or visa versa. Looking to preserve sound quality as much as possible without shelling out massive amounts of dough. Any advice or suggestions would be much appreciated.
-Dan

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
I'm no expert but this seems to work fine with my Sennheisder HD-280 and Grado SR-80's

In all honesty; a long as the cable is well constructed I doubt sound quality will be a real issue. Imaginary, perhaps, but not real. Go generic.

As long as we're talking solidarity, I'd go for a cable with 1/4" plugs and jacks because they tend to be sturdier than the 3.5 mm ones.

D

dan2036

Audiophyte
I found one from "Your Cable Store" on amazon for 6 dollars... Anyone heard of this company?

crossedover

crossedover

Audioholic Chief
For six dollars I wouldn't care:D and it's amazon...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis