Headphone AMP not powerful enough

lauraparis

lauraparis

Enthusiast
Hello,

5 hours per day, I want to broadcast promotional voices (no music) in the lobby of my small fitness center, in France.

For several reasons, I can't use a PC to broadcast my MP3.

I have this MP3 player -->
"Mansso MP3 Player with Bluetooth 4.2-16GB"

And I use this headphone AMP -->

For my PC speakers, the sound was not loud enough without the AMP. With the AMP, that's far better, but I have to tune it at max. But I need a sound slightly louder (using the PC instead of the MP3 player was about ok).

What can I do? Using another MP3 player or using a more powerful headphone AMP?
Is this AMP better?

My budget is low now...

Thanks for all,

Laura

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
You don't need a headphone amp - all you need is a new PA speaker with BT support, like this one:
Then you said "a lobby small fitness center" - how many squre meters?
If it's as small as you describe and low budget is a must then this may work:

but I'd recommend upgrading to more a powerful speaker:

If BT 4.2 audio quality is not good enough, you could go with a cheap 3.5mm to RCA cable

lauraparis

lauraparis

Enthusiast
Thanks a lot, but I can't change my PA speakers, they are definitely installed... :/

lauraparis

lauraparis

Enthusiast
What kind of amp with jack input and jack output, please?

jinjuku

jinjuku

If you have traditional in ceiling speakers for offices you most likely have a 70v system. This requires a 70v amp.

You'll need to pop one of the speakers down and see if there is a step down transformer. Google this if you need to.

I spent 15 years in the fitness industry and detest gym owners in general for a myriad of reasons so this will be the most helpful post you'll get from me.

My real advice, that was constantly ignored by gym owners, often to there detriment, is actually spend some $$ on someone that knows what they are doing.

lauraparis

lauraparis

Enthusiast
MP3 player --> headphone AMP --> Bluetooth Audio Amplifier E-Plafond luidspreker B426BL --> speaker
The speaker is a special one maiking a window vribrating.
That' why I can change only the MP3 player or the headphone AMP...

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
MP3 player --> headphone AMP --> Bluetooth Audio Amplifier E-Plafond luidspreker B426BL --> speaker
The speaker is a special one maiking a window vribrating.
That' why I can change only the MP3 player or the headphone AMP...
You may be able to change the headphone amp but you need to find something that will work with the Speaker(s). Tell us the make / model of the Speaker and someone here will advise what will work.

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
Thanks for the link, but that tells us you are dealing with a transducer device that excites a building "panel" making it resonate like a speaker. The document gives the specifications for 5 different models with amplifier requirements from 15 to 100 watts. Two of the models have a 4 ohm impedance, while the other two are 8 ohm.

If you could pop the panel and look on the back of it for the actual Feonic AudioDrive model number, a more precise recommendation could be given. But based on the information to date, and as you are interested in economy here, take a look at:

Monoprice Unity 100-Watt Bridgeable Power Amp

If your "speaker" is only one (not a pair, or?), this amplifier will suffice for all Feonic AudioDrive model numbers, but you will need to be a bit careful not to overdrive some models. You should notice a large difference in sound levels with this type of amplifier.

I hope this is helpful.

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
Thanks for the information. The F5PRO is the least powerful of the 4 listed in the previous document in both Sensitivity and Sound Pressure ratings. The only specifications (Bluetooth Audio Amplifier E-ceiling speaker B426BL) on your present amplifier, that I can find state: "The device can supply up to 2 x 15W speakers 4 or 8 Ohm" whereas the F5PRO takes an input of "Optimal amplifier power rating*1 : 15-20Watt *1Recommended amplifier power rating for optimum performance"

I'm surmising the output of the existing Bluetooth Audio Amplifier never makes it to 15 watts on the 8 ohm load, so your volume is quite low, and I expect 20 watts is need (minimum) for maximum volume. Usually one would purchase an amplifier with more power capability than a speaker would require. I know the Monolith link I gave has more than enough power, but it may be overkill for your application. I would look for an amplifier rated at 40 (or 50) watts RMS into an 8 ohm load, as it should be cheaper. As you are in France, perhaps Amazon.fr has something suitable.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis