Hdmi Facts And Myths

T

thermalup

Audiophyte
I just spent $2600 for a plasma, $1200 for a Reciever, $200 for a DVD HDMI player, $150 for a "Clean Power" box etc.etc. After all of that I was told that I would require three HDMI CABLES $150 EACH to achieve what I had been gleafully gazing at for the past week while shopping in all of the Hi-Fi stores. A high end (for me) home theatre system.
First TO THE MANUFACTURERS, Its only reasonable that if a product is designed to perform to a certain level that at the very least you should include the needed cables with the item to achieve this objective. ie; I buy a high performance car, it should have high performance tires.
Second, Tweeter, In my view you have become no better than any auto dealer or finance company. I left your store two days ago and my head is still spinning. I am now resorting to the internet to find out what is truth and fiction after catching your salespeople in several lies about performance.

My Question to all Is their such a difference that I really need to purchase 150 cables as opposed to say...50 dollar cables? Also is thier an online reliable resourse for purchasing HDMI cables and which ones will simply get the job done. Sorry for the grammer, remmmmember. my head is in orbit

L

love2listen

Enthusiast
HDMI facts...

Thermalup,
Go to Blue Jeans Cables.com.They have a VERY nice product at a VERY reasonably price. :)

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
No, you should not be buying $50.00 cables either.

www.monoprice.com ... then decide.

Some people swear that cables make a huge difference, others claim it is a small difference... The majority of tests seem to indicate that people can't tell the difference at all from one cable to another. Even the cheapie analog cables rarely are so poor that people can tell they are cheap.

Only really high end gear seems to be able to benefit from some of the nicer cables.

But, HDMI is digital - as in zeroes and ones... If a cable delivers that data at all, it is going to do it correctly almost all of the time. There are some bad cables that won't work well at all. But, mostly you will have good luck with almost every cable available.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
thermalup said:
My Question to all Is their such a difference that I really need to purchase 150 cables as opposed to say...50 dollar cables? Also is thier an online reliable resourse for purchasing HDMI cables and which ones will simply get the job done. Sorry for the grammer, remmmmember. my head is in orbit

As was stated, no need for such high cost fluff:D

But, with HDMI cables as they carry a very large data stream, it depends on how long you need. The shorter the cable, the less critical. Long distances you need a thicker wire, even for HDMI.

T

thermalup

Audiophyte
Thanks for the responces

Thanks you guys
I really appreciate you guys taking the time to respond Cheers

Naves74

Naves74

Junior Audioholic
BMXTRIX said:
No, you should not be buying $50.00 cables either.

But, HDMI is digital - as in zeroes and ones... If a cable delivers that data at all, it is going to do it correctly almost all of the time. There are some bad cables that won't work well at all. But, mostly you will have good luck with almost every cable available.

Yes and no there are still errors but the components should have some kind of error checking to make it not a big deal (CRC,Grey Code, etc.). A friend of mine works for radioshack and he got me some radioshack brand HDMI cables for $12 for a 6' run and they work fine for me.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I've used the inexpensive no name brand HDMI cables from ebay and they work great.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis