HDMI Error Question - If I use the DVI input on my Denon 4806 Will it Work?

D

dcfsf

Audiophyte
Hi

have the same HDMI switching problem that is on multiple treads and just ordered a Denon 4806. My new receiver has a DVI input - and my cable box is an older one with DVI. If I run from Cable Box DVI to Receiver DVI and then HMDI out on my receiver to the DVI input on my Fujistsu plasma will it work???????

Thanks!

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
It may or may not, my bet would be that it doesn't. A safer proposition would be to use component connections from the STB to receiver and let the receiver convert to HDMI. The PQ should still be comparable to the digital.

N

Nick250

Audioholic Samurai
dcfsf said:
Hi

have the same HDMI switching problem that is on multiple treads and just ordered a Denon 4806. My new receiver has a DVI input - and my cable box is an older one with DVI. If I run from Cable Box DVI to Receiver DVI and then HMDI out on my receiver to the DVI input on my Fujistsu plasma will it work???????
Thanks!
FWIW another option. My setup is similar, however I run the DVI directly from the cable box to the plasma and a digital connection (in my case optical) from the cable box to the receiver for audio. Combined with a Harmony remote and anything you want is one button push away.

Nick

Last edited:
J

JonBaker99

Audioholic
If this is a Motorola cable box I'd recommend using component anyways. The last couple of boxes I've done the DVI output was far worse quality than the component.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis