Timothy E Smith

Timothy E Smith

Audioholic Intern
If I plug a high speed HDMI cable from the TV port marked ‘HDMI ARC’ to my Denon X3600H HDMI ARC, do I plug other source components into the TV or Rcvr?
‘Cloudy in Ohio’ Tim

L

Leemix

Audioholic General
Its usually best to connect everything to the AVR unless a specific reason not to on something.
For 4k you need “premium high speed“ HDMI

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Timothy E Smith

Timothy E Smith

Audioholic Intern
Its usually best to connect everything to the AVR unless a specific reason not to on something.
For 4k you need “premium high speed“ HDMI

Who sells a Great "premium high speed" HDMI please? Thanks for your answer as well, Tim

L

Leemix

Audioholic General
Who sells a Great "premium high speed" HDMI please? Thanks for your answer as well, Tim
Any premium/ultra high speed that is officially certified should do. Fancy and expensive doesnt mean better when it comes to HDMI cables, an official certification by HDMI.org means they are actually tested and does what they are supposed to.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
For cables 8' and shorter, I have always sworn by the slim cables from Monoprice...
They have lengths from 1 foot to 8 feet long depending on what you need at very reasonable prices.

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
Just make sure the cable description is "High Speed." It is not necessary the cable have to be marked "Certified" Myself, I look to see if the cable is 28ga wire, in their specs., too. 30ga wire is okay too. If no wire spec., I pass them up. But, that's me.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Keep in mind that ARC is useless unless you need audio from the tv (and there are better sources of apps than smart tvs have), and that an optical cable can also be used for nearly all the same audio codecs but without the bugs that can also come with using ARC and HDMI-CEC features, especially when mixing brands.

L

Leemix

Audioholic General
Just make sure the cable description is "High Speed." It is not necessary the cable have to be marked "Certified" Myself, I look to see if the cable is 28ga wire, in their specs., too. 30ga wire is okay too. If no wire spec., I pass them up. But, that's me.
Certified doesnt mean more expensive, it only means its really tested and not a lying their ass off manufacturer/brand. Sure most thats advertised as so and so throughput will do it but why risk it when you can know for the same price?
Just “high speed” isnt the normal 4k specced cable.

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
Certified doesnt mean more expensive, it only means its really tested and not a lying their ass off manufacturer/brand. Sure most thats advertised as so and so throughput will do it but why risk it when you can know for the same price?
Just “high speed” isnt the normal 4k specced cable.
Comment well taken

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis