V

vidoholo

Audiophyte
I've a LG C9 which supports HDMI 2.1, and my AVR-X1600H which supports eARC.
Does both devices need to be HDMI 2.1 to get's benefits like higher resolution capacity, or eARC (of course connected with proper Ultra Speed HDMI Cable)?
What if I have an PC connected to AVR by simple 2.0 HDMI cable, want to play an movie with lossless True HD Atmos track on it. It would be still lossless connected like that?
Is it even worth to upgrade a cable to get that lossless audio quality?

L

Leemix

Audioholic General
I've a LG C9 which supports HDMI 2.1, and my AVR-X1600H which supports eARC.
Does both devices need to be HDMI 2.1 to get's benefits like higher resolution capacity, or eARC (of course connected with proper Ultra Speed HDMI Cable)?
What if I have an PC connected to AVR by simple 2.0 HDMI cable, want to play an movie with lossless True HD Atmos track on it. It would be still lossless connected like that?
Is it even worth to upgrade a cable to get that lossless audio quality?
Working eARC should be enough. The more advanced features of HDMI 2.1 is for video.
Yes, lossless audio is very simple so with sources connected to the AVR. Its hasnt been an issue at all.
HDMI cable upgrades is for the video basically, the audio is not the problem with certified cables. (Unless very old)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I agree with @Leemix

HDMI 2.0 cables have no problem carrying Atmos and other 'advanced' high-resolution audio sources. So, there is no obvious reason to upgrade from 18Gb/s (or even 10Gb/s) HDMI cables to 48Gb/s HDMI cables.

Stick with what you have and you should get the full benefits of what eARC is supposed to deliver. Of course, it is HDMI ARC, so don't count on a guarantee.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis