HDMI 1.3 and Cables Part 1: It's All in the Bitrate

Go down to the bottom of the page with the chart for bitrates. The numbers I quoted came from it and is the max with video and audio for Hi Def DVDs. So, if that is the max it can download, isn't that the bitrate in the HDMI cable?
I believe those bitrates are x3 for the red, green, and blue color channels. Most engineers and manufacturers use the per color channel numbers of 8-bit, 10-bit, 12-bit, 16-bit while marketing people like the "big" additive numbers.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I believe those bitrates are x3 for the red, green, and blue color channels. Most engineers and manufacturers use the per color channel numbers of 8-bit, 10-bit, 12-bit, 16-bit while marketing people like the "big" additive numbers.
Yes, as you indicated why would you add them if they are individual colors, RGB since each has its own wire and the other color wire doesn't affect the bit rate flow of its neighbor wires, does it?
So, While the overall bit rate may be so high, each wire is taking its share and there is no worry about capacity:D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis