K

keithl1967

Enthusiast
OK...I put an antenna in my attic, and was receiving all off air HD local broadcasts--perfect. The other day, the FOX network's HD went down--confirmed by the station ( a "splicer" problem). It is now back up, according to them, but I am receiving nothing--a "0" or "--" signal strength. All of my other HD channels are working perfectly, but the engineer at FOX (who has been doing his very best, but I believe now is at a aloss) has been unable to get my picture back or explain why I am still not receiving signal. Has anyone ever had this happen before? I have a 50" DLP RCA Scenium. Please help.

W

westcott

Audioholic General
keithl1967 said:
OK...I put an antenna in my attic, and was receiving all off air HD local broadcasts--perfect. The other day, the FOX network's HD went down--confirmed by the station ( a "splicer" problem). It is now back up, according to them, but I am receiving nothing--a "0" or "--" signal strength. All of my other HD channels are working perfectly, but the engineer at FOX (who has been doing his very best, but I believe now is at a aloss) has been unable to get my picture back or explain why I am still not receiving signal. Has anyone ever had this happen before? I have a 50" DLP RCA Scenium. Please help.
Not sure what box you are using to pass the OTA signal to your display but you may need to rescan\search for the stations again in the setup of your video receiver.:cool:

K

keithl1967

Enthusiast
The TV is the OTA decoded, and whenever a channel is input, it indicates "acquiring signal, so it re-acquires every time. despite that, I tried rescanning for channels as well, and stillnothing on the FOX affilitat HD...evn tried unplugging the TV to "reset" it, and goinf through again--still nothing

Hipnotic4

Hipnotic4

Full Audioholic
Not sure if this would help, but, try repositioning the antenna?:confused: I know with my sony xbr tv when i did use the antenna sometimes it would work fine for weeks...other times I just lost all signal..

K

keithl1967

Enthusiast
I thought of that, also, except I used a compass ot set it up, I checked it, and it is still dead on the right direction according to anttenaweb...Thanks...

K

keithl1967

Enthusiast
I'm back--same problem still

OK--I borrowed an HD set top box from a frined, and it receives the FOX signal fine, yet the tuner in my TV (built in) will still not receive the singal--it indicates "unusable signal). The problem is apparently not with the antenna positioning, and seems to be more of "decoding problem" according to the FOX engineer. Any way to reset the TV (RCA Scenium) back to the factory original settings (to try as a first step), or any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

L

Leprkon

Audioholic General
keithl1967 said:
Any way to reset the TV (RCA Scenium) back to the factory original settings (to try as a first step), or any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated...
you can probably get back to the resets by leaving it completely unplugged overnight.

K

keithl1967

Enthusiast
already tried that--left it unplugged for a whole weekend--still ahd its memory...

L

Leprkon

Audioholic General
keithl1967 said:
already tried that--left it unplugged for a whole weekend--still ahd its memory...
it's sad that TV's and women only remember when you DON'T want them too..:(

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis