Having trouble setting up turntable to preamp to speakers.

S

strayaares

Audiophyte
Hi everyone, recently decided to start a small set up. I'm having trouble with connecting the speakers even though I bought a preamplifier. When everything is connected I can hear the music coming from the turntable but not through the speaker (it is not static as I hear the lyrics when I put my ear up to the turntable.

Yes the power is off in the pic but was on during my failed setup.

The setup is:
Pro-ject Debut Carbon Turntable
Rega Carbon cartridge/stylus
Pro-Ject Audio Phono Box E
Edifier s350db 2.1

Everything is new, even bought new 2x rca male to male to connect the phono box to speakers on the aux connection.

Am I right in assuming I don't need to get a power amp as my speakers are already powered. I've been reading and scratching my head all day.

Attachments

M

MTVhike

Audioholic Intern
When playing a record, you can often hear the sound directly from the needle. To check if anything is working, unplug your RCA cables from the phono box and see if you get a hum when touching the center pin. If not, something's wrong with the Edifier. Have you tried plugging it in to the other inputs? If this works, then do the same to the phono box input. If still nada, then maybe there is a broken connection in the turntable.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Did you use those inputs before successfully? Did you select the right input with the remote? No, a power amp would not be a solution.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hi everyone, recently decided to start a small set up. I'm having trouble with connecting the speakers even though I bought a preamplifier. When everything is connected I can hear the music coming from the turntable but not through the speaker (it is not static as I hear the lyrics when I put my ear up to the turntable.

Yes the power is off in the pic but was on during my failed setup.

The setup is:
Pro-ject Debut Carbon Turntable
Rega Carbon cartridge/stylus
Pro-Ject Audio Phono Box E
Edifier s350db 2.1

Everything is new, even bought new 2x rca male to male to connect the phono box to speakers on the aux connection.

Am I right in assuming I don't need to get a power amp as my speakers are already powered. I've been reading and scratching my head all day.
It sounds as if something is DOA, either the turntable, the phono preamp or the aux inputs on the Edifer.

S

strayaares

Audiophyte
Has been fixed. Turns out the speaker needs manual adjustment away from the bluetooth to aux settings. Cheers guys.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis