Having issues with surround sound and can’t find helpful info

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Well, if the Denon is only going to handle audio from the TV, he can switch out the HDMI converters for optical to coaxial converters. Get two of those and two optical cables and he will be good. He can take any one of the 5 analog cables and plug each end into the optical converters. That will work without having to run new cables through the wall.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
And he will not have to deal with ANYNET+ or HDMI Control at all.:)

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Use the onscreen menus in the Denon and go to the HDMI section for adjustments. Switch your TV over to the HDMI 2 input to see the Denon menus.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Still just trying to work with what he's got for now. Where is the avr in relation to the tv? In the Denon generally you go to setup - video - hdmi setup - hdmi control and enable it.

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
I think this may be the issue:

I purchased 2 Component to HDMI adapters (one for the back side of the receiver and one coming out of the wall, going to the tv).
Assuming that the TV is the source component, behind the TV there should be HDMI to component converter. At the Denon there should be a component to HDMI converter.

If both converters are the former or latter, it’s not going to work. One of each is needed.

As lovinthehd said in Post #18, ARC is out the window due to the conversion.

So is Dolby Digital. The only surround sound the OP will get from this set-up is old-school Dolby Pro-Logic.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
I hope it works since it will keep him from having to change anything else. If not, he’d only need one optical converter actually. The coaxial end could go into the Denon coaxial digital input.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
No model numbers or anything. The box says www.shophde.com

and it’s a YPbPR+L/R audio converter
That site has my security software going nuts blocking threats plus doesn't seem to have any useful content. If the avr is close enough to the tv you might try and bypass this conversion stuff and just use an optical connection....just at least to see if this solves the problem rather than fish it thru the walls yet.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
I believe the receiver is under the stairs on the other side of the room. He uses the TV apps and there aren’t any other devices hooked up to the Denon. So, just gonna throw it out there again. Get an optical cable, connect it to the TV optical output. Connect the other end of the optical cable into the optical/coaxial converter. Take the yellow(or any color you choose) analog cable and connect it to the other end of the converter. Go over to the Denon and connect the other end of the yellow(or any color you choose) analog cable and connect it to the CBL/SAT coaxial input on the Denon. Select the optical output on the TV sound output setting. Press the CBL/SAT button on the Denon remote control to get the audio. You can reassign the coaxial digital input on the Denon from CBL/SAT to TV AUDIO if you want to use the TV AUDIO button on the Denon remote control instead of the CBL/SAT button. Whatever you decide to do, I hope you get it to work. Sorry if I’m breaking any rules with these pics.
D6FBB9CA-DAD7-46D3-BFCD-46A074B0CD14.jpeg
F0EC2CBC-5172-488A-A08D-A0E6FC0C96F6.jpeg

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis