Have you seen the new Classe stuff?

Quickley17

Quickley17

Audioholic
for a starkly non-industrial price... they are nice though. I like how simple the processor face is.

itschris

itschris

for a starkly non-industrial price... they are nice though. I like how simple the processor face is.
Apparently you and I are the only ones who dig it. That's okay though... the fancy pants dancing light crowd has their place too. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
It looks okay. I don't think it looks too special.

But I don't get the 4 HDMI Inputs?:eek:

I mean for something that's gotta cost $5K or something, it only has 4 HDMI Inputs?:confused:

At least the Anthem Pre-Pro has like 7 or 8 HDMI Inputs.

And then I looked at the Sunfire & Parasound Pre-Pros, and they don't even have TrueHD/DTS-HD yet. And they have like 3 HDMI Inputs? For real though?:confused:

And who says things are going way too fast?:D

I think they are going way too SLOW for my taste.:D

Integra has it right with their new Pre-pro: 8 HDMI Inputs/2 HDMI Outputs.:D

But why can't anyone just label the front HDMI inputs as HDMI no.1, HDMI no.2, HDMI no.3??

I mean instead of DVD/BD, VCR, AUX, I mean really though???

At least you can name any Inputs you want with the Classe, but just 4 HDMIs???

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
If anyone has an HDMI enabled vcr it must be you:p:D
I mean for HDMI sources just label HDMI 1, HDMI 2, HDMI 3, etc., and for Video Sources just label Video 1, Video 2, etc., and for Audio Sources just label Audio 1, Audio 2, etc.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
WAY out of my price range, but they definitely have a good look.

Kinda like my Emo stuff.

itschris

itschris

All of these more "boutique" shops seem a little behind the curve... with the exception of lexicon maybe who can just rebox the good stuff. HA!

I still never quite get the labeling either. On my Pioneer for instance, it has video, audio, and HDMI? It's just weird to set it up that way. So I can hook the bd player up to video 1, name it BD Player and select HDMI 1 as the put, or I keep turning the wheel to "HDMI" input and name it BD player... it just weird.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
It looks okay. I don't think it looks too special.

I mean for something that's gotta cost $5K or something, it only has 4 HDMI Inputs?:confused:
1) Well, okay, I was wrong. It does look darn good.:D

2) Man, I was WAY wrong. This thing is $9,000 (5 yr warranty).:eek:

Shoot, I would probably get it if they would offer a 20 yr warranty. :D

HedgeHog

HedgeHog

Audioholic Intern
I like the CT's look but it is really designed for rack mounting. The vent tunnel is a great plus though. I'm biased but I prefer their Delta series more.

BTW, the Classe SSP can allow the user to rename the inputs so instead of selecting Video1/HDMI1/etc, you change it to whatever you want. I have mine set as "DVD/BD" and "CD".

-H

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Looks wise, I'm not really grooving on the new design. I prefer the Classe Delta series look. But based on looks alone, I strongly prefer the Simaudio Moon designs.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I like the CT's look but it is really designed for rack mounting. The vent tunnel is a great plus though. I'm biased but I prefer their Delta series more.

BTW, the Classe SSP can allow the user to rename the inputs so instead of selecting Video1/HDMI1/etc, you change it to whatever you want. I have mine set as "DVD/BD" and "CD".

-H
Yeah, but does the Classe SSP decode Dolby TrueHD & DTS-HD MA?

zildjian

zildjian

Audioholic Chief
It appears that it does.

Dolby Digital Surround EX
Dolby Digital 5.1
Dolby Digital Plus
Dolby TrueHD
DTS-ES discrete
DTS 3/2/1
DTS 96/24
DTS-HD High Resolution Audio
DTS-HD Master Audio
24bit/32-192kHz PCM

HedgeHog

HedgeHog

Audioholic Intern
Yes it does. They released the dual DSP board in Dec. I believe the CT series comes with it in place and existing Delta series customers can take their pre/pro back to the dealers for the free board. I had it shipped to me by my dealer and did the swap myself.

HTH,
-H

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Beautiful, and lets not forget the Pièce de résistance.....

Still -------- NO ROOM CORRECTION !!!!!

I can't possibly believe that they are yet moving into another era of their high end/high cost products and leaving out a major part of the equation here...

T

Theojt

Audiophyte
I can't imagine spending that much on a processor that lacks some kind of room correction. I do like its looks though.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Some people, especially the hardcore ultra-high-end-2Ch-analog guys, just don't believe in any forms of DSPs like Room Correction & other Equalizers.

I'm not one of those damn-rich-people:D, but I don't believe in any forms of DSPs either.

It doesn't work for every room or everyone.

So I think to those damn-rich-ultra-high-end-2Ch-analog guys, Room Correction is an insult - like Tone Controls and such.

So I guess there are at least 2 different crowds here; those who believe in DSPs/Room Correction and those who do NOT believe in DSPs/Room Correction.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis