Has anyone heard the Rotel?

K

kman

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>I've been pursuing A/V recievers for a couple of months, even found a place liquidating equipment. Bought Klipsch rears &amp; sub.
I just checked a place that had a Rotel RSX 972. This thing looks like a beast. It was hooked up to B&amp;W's. Unbelievable sound. Oh, there was a Sony 5ES beside it...no comparison.
I've read several reviews, all very good. So far I have only seen one review from an actual owner, also vey good.
The one I'm looking at is a demo &amp; $1400 Canadian takes her.
Also, the salesman says 1 year warr. but on a web review it says 3 years. Who's right?
Has anyone heard this thing, is it that good or is it me?
I have Monitor Audio speakers up front running off a Belles 1 amp.
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
G

<font color='#000000'><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">
I just checked a place that had a Rotel RSX 972. This thing looks like a beast. It was hooked up to B&amp;W's. Unbelievable sound. Oh, there was a Sony 5ES beside it...no comparison.
</td></tr></table>

Rotel is good stuff. But the 5ES is known to be very good as well. I wonder how these two compare? Could you provide more details about the difference of sound between the two units? Also, how was the comparison done?

Thanks,

Bruno</font>

K

kman

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>I have since compared the Rotel to Onkyo 700 &amp; Denon 3802.
From my recollection, the Sony sounded a little timid. The Rotel's sound was beefy, very well rounded. The low's were well defined without boominess. The voices in the midrange were quite astonishingly real. The Sony's low end wasn't, &amp; the voices sounded held back.
I went up for a closer look when the salesman went for a brochure &amp; discovered that volume levels were different for the same sound. The Sony had to be turned up almost 1/4 to achieve the similar levels.

I'm going to pick up the Rotel soon. I'll let you know how it measures up in actual living quarters.

Cheers!!</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis