Has anyone heard loudspeakers blaring in their towns?

B

brandon022

Audiophyte
Around 8:30 me and my gf were sitting in the piggly wiggly parking lot and suddenly started hearing a loudspeaker going off. It sounded like it was some sort of "anti-terrorist" declaration and it bashed both Trump and Biden and it mentioned something about Romney. Other people heard it too and stopped what they were doing, we were in Antioch, Illinois.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Around 8:30 me and my gf were sitting in the piggly wiggly parking lot and suddenly started hearing a loudspeaker going off. It sounded like it was some sort of "anti-terrorist" declaration and it bashed both Trump and Biden and it mentioned something about Romney. Other people heard it too and stopped what they were doing, we were in Antioch, Illinois.
Did you watch the news for reports? Maybe you could listen to Broadcastify (police scanner app) for calls about it.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
I you lost me at “sitting in the Piggly Wiggly parking lot.” Have you no 7-Elevens there?:p

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
I you lost me at “sitting in the Piggly Wiggly parking lot.” Have you no 7-Elevens there?:p
Hey, Since when voyeurism is a bad thing? :D
Ummm what's a Piggly Wiggly? I get the 7-Eleven parking lot thing. Hookers best spot to get umm pick up Johns for a quick snack :p

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
PW actually has a pretty storied history. They were the first grocery store that allowed customers to browse the aisles, IOW as we know grocery stores today. Before that, you gave your list to an employee and they rounded up your items for you.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
PW actually has a pretty storied history. They were the first grocery store that allowed customers to browse the aisles, IOW as we know grocery stores today. Before that, you gave your list to an employee and they rounded up your items for you.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt
Was that in the 19th century?

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
Theirs was an early 20th innovation, according to Wiki.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
As featured in Close Encounters of the Third Kind!
1603993849648.png

Don't know why this image has stuck with me over the years...

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Man I haven't been in a Piggly Wiggly since I was stationed at Randolph Air Force Base back in the late 70s. Didn't even know they were still around.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
The first time I heard of a Piggly Wiggly was in 1989 when I watched "Driving Miss Daisy. Hoke drove Miss Daisy there in that great looking Hudson car.

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
?.so what ever became of the loudspeaker event... sounds to me like a campaign event of some sort .. or maybe it's something much more sinistero_O.. anybody seen Kushner lately .. maybe he's starting up his own militia , in case things don't go well this week...

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Eh, whatever. I have citrus trees ready to give fruit and I bought sacks of rice and beans. I'm good til' New Years or the breaking of the 2020 curse, whichever comes first. :p

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
?.so what ever became of the loudspeaker event... sounds to me like a campaign event of some sort .. or maybe it's something much more sinistero_O.. anybody seen Kushner lately .. maybe he's starting up his own militia , in case things don't go well this week...
Ooh I wish 'dead-eye doll boy' would show up in my backyard ... nepotistic little entitled weasel.

hemiram

hemiram

Full Audioholic
We didn't have anyone blaring over a speaker here, but we, like anywhere else, have an assortment of raving maniacs who will yell all kinds of conspiracy theories (They don't really deserve to be categorized as "theories" because of their being either totally impossible to be real, or very very very unlikely to be anything other than a delusion) at the top of their lungs.

In my personal life, I've known a woman my entire life, our families have been friends since we moved across the street from them before I was born. She's a year older than I am, and recently, she sent me a link to a political video about the upcoming election. I made the comment, "Well, if there was ever any doubt he's insane, that took care of that!" You can guess who I was talking about. Uh oh, somehow she went from pretty much apolitical to foaming at the mouth insane. She sent back, "What's insane about it?, and I replied sarcastically, and off she went. 29 email messages later that increased in anger that I wasn't responding (I was in bed), that included more and more links to some really wild websites with all the Qanon stuff and some things I've never even heard of. When I got up, it was late, but I sent her husband an email and apparently this stuff started just before Covid hit and he's totally bewildered as what to do. I just quit replying to her as all it seems to do is anger her and cause tension in her home that her poor husband doesn't need at this point.

Speedskater

Speedskater

Audioholic General
Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt
I have a memory of a grocery store like that in the1940's.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Mental illness in the US is at record numbers....

dolsey01

dolsey01

Enthusiast
We didn't have anyone blaring over a speaker here, but we, like anywhere else, have an assortment of raving maniacs who will yell all kinds of conspiracy theories (They don't really deserve to be categorized as "theories" because of their being either totally impossible to be real, or very very very unlikely to be anything other than a delusion) at the top of their lungs.

In my personal life, I've known a woman my entire life, our families have been friends since we moved across the street from them before I was born. She's a year older than I am, and recently, she sent me a link to a political video about the upcoming election. I made the comment, "Well, if there was ever any doubt he's insane, that took care of that!" You can guess who I was talking about. Uh oh, somehow she went from pretty much apolitical to foaming at the mouth insane. She sent back, "What's insane about it?, and I replied sarcastically, and off she went. 29 email messages later that increased in anger that I wasn't responding (I was in bed), that included more and more links to some really wild websites with all the Qanon stuff and some things I've never even heard of. When I got up, it was late, but I sent her husband an email and apparently this stuff started just before Covid hit and he's totally bewildered as what to do. I just quit replying to her as all it seems to do is anger her and cause tension in her home that her poor husband doesn't need at this point.
I'm familiar with a very similar situation in my circle, timing the same as well, makes you start to wonder.....

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis