Harmon Kardon Satellite Speakers - Woofer Cone surround broken - How to fix it??

C

cmithun085

Audiophyte
hi
I recently noticed that woofer cone surroundings of all my satelllite speakers are broken/damaged. the sound coming from the device seems to be OK.
i am using a HK AVR 158 and HKTS 11 speaker set.
Any suggestions on how to rectify the woofers..? is it possible to replace the cone of these woofers? or should i buy a new speaker set..?

thanks

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Might be surround repair kits available for them, it's not all that hard to do and there's plenty of help out there. Doubt you can get replacement woofers tho. Top search result for such sellers https://www.speakerworks.com/speaker-repair-kits-s/65.htm (but I didn't search for your speakers). Is it just the surround or are the cones damaged, too, though?

C

cmithun085

Audiophyte
Thanks for the reply.
Only the surround is damaged, the cone seems to be in good condition..let me try to get some repair kits.

How does the damaged surroundings impact the sound quality..? is it too worse..? because i am not noticing any difference..

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks for the reply.
Only the surround is damaged, the cone seems to be in good condition..let me try to get some repair kits.

How does the damaged surroundings impact the sound quality..? is it too worse..? because i am not noticing any difference..
I wouldn't worry so much about sound quality but rather further damage from using them with damaged surrounds. They're there for a reason....

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Given the cost of replacing them with used ones that are in better condition, I wouldn't spend any money on them. Rather, I would take this as an opportune time to upgrade to better speakers, even if used ones.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis