Harbottle Audio C7 Bookshelf speaker Customer Thoughts

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I never said they were the best, what I said was "It's nice to see some go in the opposite direction and incorporate the best components they can".
Nice word salad there, Jim. You say best but don't mean best? Good grief.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
There are lots of good products and then there are luxury or boutique products…
Here’s the thing to me:
Is there something about a Dayton binding post that doesn’t conduct s signal well?
What about Cardas?
What makes a pair of binding posts 2-3.5 times more expensive than Cardas?
If there is a test of the conductivity, I want to see it. Really. Please make me a believer.

As an example:
According to Wirecutter, in 2018, the Monoprice affinity banana plugs got their recommendation. Among the reasons was that they performed better than even Sewell in a test measuring their conductivity.

Is there something else I’m not considering? After all, when it comes to an electric signal, a good conductor is first. For cables, sure, inductance can come into play. But once you have the good conductor, what more do you need after?

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
I never said they were the best, what I said was "It's nice to see some go in the opposite direction and incorporate the best components they can".
You refer to those stupid bullshit binding posts as having the best components. They're not better components. To be a best component, a product has to perform better than all the other similar products. Those mentioned in this thread don't perform any better!

You are talking about cosmetics which have nothing to do with audio performance. o_O

Last edited:
Billy106

Billy106

Audioholic Intern
I don't know why some of you are crapping or nitpicking on certain design aspects....of said speaker...the OP likely took everything into account and money notwithstanding.... purchased....and wanted to share his new found enthusiasm....for what most would consider a niche market speaker but very cool looking speaker.

Last edited:
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I concur.
I've been fascinated by what Nathan and Cody are doing with their respective businesses and as a loose partnership.
At the same time, I wouldn't make the choice of Furutech, but for that niche market. I guess Cardas is so 200-L-8. :p

I get where the skeptical side comes from. Whether it is always appropriate to go on the attack over that is another matter.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I don't know why some of you are crapping or nitpicking on certain design aspects....of said speaker...the OP likely took everything into account and money notwithstanding.... purchased....and wanted to share his new found enthusiasm....for what most would consider a niche market speaker but very cool looking speaker.
It's a public forum full of science minded (anal about details) folks who care about performance and facts. Some people also are new to some of these concepts and come here to learn. Someone new or less informed might just assume or take someone at their word that some of these expensive pieces of bling also add to or improve performance factors when they don't. Calling out or questioning expensive design choices is fair critique I think if the implication is somehow superior performance.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I concur.
I've been fascinated by what Nathan and Cody are doing with their respective businesses and as a loose partnership.
At the same time, I wouldn't make the choice of Furutech, but for that niche market. I guess Cardas is so 200-L-8. :p

I get where the skeptical side comes from. Whether it is always appropriate to go on the attack over that is another matter.
Yes, that said they do look very nice and I'd be curious to check them out. I love that carbon fiber look. I'll bet they sound awesome.

*PS: I love that he included the pooches in one of the images too! I love my puppies!

Billy106

Billy106

Audioholic Intern
It's a public forum full of science minded (anal about details) folks who care about performance and facts. Some people also are new to some of these concepts and come here to learn. Someone new or less informed might just assume or take someone at their word that some of these expensive pieces of bling also add to or improve performance factors when they don't. Calling out or questioning expensive design choices is fair critique I think if the implication is somehow superior performance.
I'd normally agree if this was a formal preview or review...however...it's a new fellow member talking about his new speakers...I suppose if the binding posts are their only knock....that's a good thing. I recall when going back a few yrs that funywaves was new start up and fast forward and see where Nathan (Funk Audio) is now....who would thought given his design goals all this success. Cody and Nathan's collaboration...is different then most and their designs aren't for the faint of heart...albeit expensive...you likely won't regret your purchase....and the craftsman is top shelf.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I'd normally agree if this was a formal preview or review...however...it's a new fellow member talking about his new speakers...I suppose if the binding posts are their only knock....that's a good thing. I recall when going back a few yrs that funywaves was new start up and fast forward and see where Nathan (Funk Audio) is now....who would thought given his design goals all this success. Cody and Nathan's collaboration...is different then most and their designs aren't for the faint of heart...albeit expensive...you likely won't regret your purchase....and the craftsman is top shelf.
It's an interesting collaboration for sure and like I said I love the modern carbon fiber look. Plus one or 2 expensive design choices in this case definitely doesn't hurt its performance. I imagine I'd be pretty tickled to own a pair of these too. I'd love to be able to listen to them.

I actually feel that way about a lot of speakers I see posted here... lol.

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
I have to say the german shepherd is a handsome animal. It stole the image from the speakers.

K

kini

Full Audioholic
You refer to those stupid bullshit binding posts as having the best components. They're not better components. To be a best component, a product has to perform better than all the other similar products. Those mentioned in this thread don't perform any better!

You are talking about cosmetics which have nothing to do with audio performance. o_O
I guess no one should pay more for a Funk Audio sub than a JTR since the "fancy" finishes do nothing for performance. :rolleyes:

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I guess no one should pay more for a Funk Audio sub than a JTR since the "fancy" finishes do nothing for performance. :rolleyes:
Careful... That takes Salk right out of the game. :p

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis