Happy Daylight Savings Day!

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I know there are supposed benefits but I personally wish we would just stay with standard time. It already stays lighter later anyway during the summer months. Anyone else?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Tons of evidence about the waste DST is. Frankly, its even sillier to make it permanent as a way of eradicating it.
Rather just have "Standard Time" be The Time.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Makes no sense messing with time. Who says there’s no time travel we about to jump ahead 1hr after midnight.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Not being a morning person particularly have always preferred the DST....loved it when we doubled it. Screwing up schedules and such....I can see issues but they've not particularly impacted me....

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I used to hate it but it's whatever. I like going forward in the spring, gives me something to look forward too. It's one of those things I mark on my calendar in the fall and really look forward too. Next is first day of spring which is early this year at March 19.
And give me a break on it's some kind government tyranny. It's a clocks, it's time, relax tough guys.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Wish i would have saw this earlier was late to work this sunday morning rahahaha.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Tons of evidence about the waste DST is. Frankly, its even sillier to make it permanent as a way of eradicating it.
Rather just have "Standard Time" be The Time.
Living in Scandinavia I would actually prefer DST all-year round as it will be lighter when I leave work and want to do other activities.

European MPs vote to end summer time clock changes:

"The European Parliament has backed a proposal to stop the obligatory one-hour clock change which extends daylight hours in summer EU-wide.​
The proposal requires states to stop the twice-yearly clock change from 2021, and choose either permanent summer time or winter time.​
Ministers will also have a say on this.​
Under an EU directive, all 28 states currently switch to summer time on the last Sunday of March and back to winter time on the last Sunday of October.​
The European Commission - in charge of drafting EU legislation - made the proposal last year, after a public consultation which showed 84% of respondents wanting to scrap the biannual clock changes. There were 4.6 million replies in that consultation, 70% of which were from Germans.​
But MEPs and the Commission stress that states must co-ordinate their choices, to minimise the risk of economic disruption from a patchwork of different time systems."​

Last edited:
Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
In my post above there is a link to the European Parliament proposal with some informative description of the effects of DST.

Discontinuing seasonal changes of time:

"To understand the impact of summer-time arrangements on a given territory, it is important to understand the relationship between time and daylight on the one hand, and the geographical position of a given territory (defined by its longitude and latitude) on the other. The latitude, i .e. the distance from the equator, influences the hours of daylight and explains the considerable difference in day length between Northern and Southern Europe. During the shortest day of the year, at the winter solstice, a city located in the north, such as Helsinki, would receive less than six hours of sunlight, while it would get almost 19 hours of sunlight at the summer solstice. On the other hand, in cities located closer to the equator, i.e. southern cities such as Lisbon and Athens, the day length would be more balanced, with around 15 hours of daylight at the summer solstice and approximately 9.5 hours at the winter solstice.​
Another key element is the geographical longitude which defines local time.​
...​
This results in current summer-time arrangements changing the time when sunset and sunrise occur, but without modifying the actual length of day, or daylight hours, experienced at a specific time of the year, while the geographical longitude defines local time."​

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Day one no problem I just slept in an extra hour. And since I'm retired don't have to worry about getting up tomorrow. :)

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
My main topic that'll make me vote for pres this year is doing away with this nonsense. Didn't notice much until I had kids. Small children and daylight savings time don't mix. At all.

Speedskater

Speedskater

Audioholic General
While the time change is necessary around here for summer evening recreational activities. Many activities end at or near sundown. But March 8th is way to early in the year to do the switch.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis