"HandShake" issues. Loss of audio when system turn on

S

Slipkids88

Junior Audioholic
Which of those units do you have the audio problem with when connecting?
All, no audio at startup intermittently but video is there. Have to power down the system a few times for the audio to kick in. Using control 4.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Great thread, interesting information about cable boxes. I remember when I decided to start putting my TiVo in Standby mode when it was not in use some time ago. Using HDMI-CEC to turn everything on using the TiVo button would turn on the TV and receiver and pull the TiVo out of Standby mode but always resulted in a video feed that lacked audio. Cursing and fiddling with buttons resulted. I don’t put it in Standby mode anymore.

I can relate to the audio drops on newer Yamaha models as well when dealing with HDMI connected devices. Switching input source devices back and forth is not an uncommon procedure to get the audio feed. Results will vary of course.

I enjoyed the “You’ll Kill Us All!” comment because it applies. I am currently using HDMI-CEC as I’m a glutten for punishment. When powering on the TV, I usually rush to get to my desired device but the TV already has its own plans. It always powers on the receiver and selects the last source device in play when using its remote controller to power on. I cannot rush it and it actually displays info about when the receiver is ready for use. It may as well say, “Slow your roll, stupid. Ok, I’m done. You can use it, now!”

S

Slipkids88

Junior Audioholic
Hopefully it fixes things for you.

A number of years ago I built a module for televisions to allow the system to remember on/off state and input state. So, if you pressed 'Input 3', it would check if the TV was on already, if it was not, it would power it on. Then, upon full power on state, it would check what input it was on. If it was on input 3 already, it would not issue the command to switch input, but if it was on a different input, it would send the TV to input 3.
If the TV was already on at the start of the request, it would immediately switch to input 3, but only if necessary.
It also had options for forcing an input on power up or to repeat an input request. So, if it was already on input 3, it would tell the display to go to input 3 a second time. Just enforcing that it is on the proper input.

I built this for commercial use for TVs, but I found that it worked really well for AV receivers and any other products that had a startup sequence that needed to be followed. For cable boxes I sent the 'MENU' button, then followed it with the 'EXIT' button, just in case it was already on. Make sure the FiOS boxes were ready to be used. Worked well. Denon, Yamaha, Onkyo, and Sony AV receivers all worked really well with it.

Long ramble, but the idea is that if you have something that doesn't work perfectly, then it is up to the programmer to put something reliable in to ensure it works every single time. I control my Yamaha receivers over the network, and unless my network is down, the control has worked perfectly, for over a year now.
Sending you a video, not sure why it does recognize arc, but we are connected. Take a look.

A number of years ago I built a module for televisions to allow the system to remember on/off state and input state. So, if you pressed 'Input 3', it would check if the TV was on already, if it was not, it would power it on. Then, upon full power on state, it would check what input it was on. If it was on input 3 already, it would not issue the command to switch input, but if it was on a different input, it would send the TV to input 3.
If the TV was already on at the start of the request, it would immediately switch to input 3, but only if necessary.
It also had options for forcing an input on power up or to repeat an input request. So, if it was already on input 3, it would tell the display to go to input 3 a second time. Just enforcing that it is on the proper input.

I built this for commercial use for TVs, but I found that it worked really well for AV receivers and any other products that had a startup sequence that needed to be followed. For cable boxes I sent the 'MENU' button, then followed it with the 'EXIT' button, just in case it was already on. Make sure the FiOS boxes were ready to be used. Worked well. Denon, Yamaha, Onkyo, and Sony AV receivers all worked really well with it.

Long ramble, but the idea is that if you have something that doesn't work perfectly, then it is up to the programmer to put something reliable in to ensure it works every single time. I control my Yamaha receivers over the network, and unless my network is down, the control has worked perfectly, for over a year now.
Sending you a quick video. Let me know your thoughts on the system
Great thread, interesting information about cable boxes. I remember when I decided to start putting my TiVo in Standby mode when it was not in use some time ago. Using HDMI-CEC to turn everything on using the TiVo button would turn on the TV and receiver and pull the TiVo out of Standby mode but always resulted in a video feed that lacked audio. Cursing and fiddling with buttons resulted. I don’t put it in Standby mode anymore.

I can relate to the audio drops on newer Yamaha models as well when dealing with HDMI connected devices. Switching input source devices back and forth is not an uncommon procedure to get the audio feed. Results will vary of course.

I enjoyed the “You’ll Kill Us All!” comment because it applies. I am currently using HDMI-CEC as I’m a glutten for punishment. When powering on the TV, I usually rush to get to my desired device but the TV already has its own plans. It always powers on the receiver and selects the last source device in play when using its remote controller to power on. I cannot rush it and it actually displays info about when the receiver is ready for use. It may as well say, “Slow your roll, stupid. Ok, I’m done. You can use it, now!”
Very well said

S

Slipkids88

Junior Audioholic
Sending you a video, not sure why it does recognize arc, but we are connected. Take a look.

Sending you a quick video. Let me know your thoughts on the system

Very well said
Monitoring it with the control4 integrator as he put in a delay remotely on start up. Let u know how it goes.

S

Slipkids88

Junior Audioholic

Informative explanation. Let u know and everyone trying to help if this fix worked.

Very informative explaining on your part. Will let the entire group know if the fix or additional fixes need to be in place or have been rectified.

S

Slipkids88

Junior Audioholic
Informative explanation. Let u know and everyone trying to help if this fix worked.

Very informative explaining on your part. Will let the entire group know if the fix or additional fixes need to be in place or have been rectified.
It seems the fix has been corrected thru a control 4 delay as well as a picture resolution adjustment as my Sony bravia started to Flickr. Must have been some sony update. All I can say it's been corrected.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis