majorloser

majorloser

new controller layout again? I finally mastered the Controller layout for Halo 3. Why don't they keep this the same???
If you played any ODST, it shouldn't be hard to master. And the added armor abilities are worth the hassle of new controls layouts.

majorloser

majorloser

My gamertag is Drastic Plastic if anyone wants to play online.
Mine is maj0rl0ser

We need to get a group together for a coop of the campaign at Legendary level. I guess we could do a 4-person coop campaign(?).

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Too bad they removed dual wield. I always go with a single weapon in those type of matches and grenade and melee the hell out of people they are too dumb to not do the same :) Last night I got 20 kills in a single match doing this :eek:

majorloser

majorloser

Opponents having the armor lock will put a kink in your grenade strategy. Watch some of the clips on Halo Waypoint. With armor lock the grenade bounce right back at the thrower.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Opponents having the armor lock will put a kink in your grenade strategy. Watch some of the clips on Halo Waypoint. With armor lock the grenade bounce right back at the thrower.
Even sticky grenades? Poop :(

I thought Reach was a prequel so why does it have more advanced defenses?

I need to watch the trailer.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I love the people who don't know how to use armor lock... I was shooting at a guy last night who almost died, but went into armor lock... so I stood there and waited for him to come out of it, then just meleed him lol.

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
Speaking of controller layout... why don't console games allow me to simply map controlls however I want them like I can on a PC???

I may pick up Halo Reach. The only game I have on my Xbox is Halo 3 and I have had fun with that playing with friends.

SopRage

SopRage

Audioholic
For anyone on the fence, Reach is incredible.

Gene, the new controls have changed because they better fit with the new loadouts and absence of dual wielding (which few people bothered with in Halo 3).

As a matchmaking vet (having played some 9,500 games of Halo 2 and 3 online), I can tell you the matchmaking is refined even beyond Halo 3. The loadouts and gameplay changes are, I feel, all for the better (less auto-aim, less forgiving weapons, shortened melee distance, more destructable vehicles, etc). If you like online Halo, Reach is the zenith.

Loves me some Halo!

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I don't think anyone has mentioned the blooming reticle. Love this! The AI has flanked me a few times in the campaign which I don't think I noticed in the other Halo's. Legendary solo is extremely difficult. The gameplay is really polished and fast. This is an excellent game and they did add quite a bit of new stuff.

I got used to the new controls no problem and find they work well. X is usually the standard reload button on most first person shooters anyways.

majorloser

majorloser

I don't think anyone has mentioned the blooming reticle. Love this! The AI has flanked me a few times in the campaign which I don't think I noticed in the other Halo's. Legendary solo is extremely difficult. The gameplay is really polished and fast. This is an excellent game and they did add quite a bit of new stuff.

I got used to the new controls no problem and find they work well. X is usually the standard reload button on most first person shooters anyways.
The concussion and ringing effect after close by explosions does get old. With Legendary it can get ridiculous. It's like your playing in a daze.

Oh, and I freakin' hate the suicide grunts and the elite classes with the plasma grenade launcher. Those "homing" plasma grenades seem to hit you around corner. It make you learn how to use those armor effect real fast or get blown up all the time.

dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
Just picked up the game this afternoon and got a 20$ BB gift card for free. Not a bad deal :D

I'm FightingHokie69 lol. I've only played 2 matchmaking games so far, but I've been MVP for both. +14 for the first and +18 for the second :cool:

And those suicide grunts suck. They just run up right behind you. Firefight is a lot of fun (I never played ODST), and I can't wait to play with like 6 people.

majorloser

majorloser

I finally took a few pics...

I finished up o round of the campaign in Normal Mode and decided to take a break for a little while before heading off to Xbox Live. I need to start working on the daily challenges.

But here's a few pics of the Legendary Edition of the game and the Legendary Edition guide book. (sold separately)

Everything together:

The statue:

Dr. Halsey's diary:

Legendary Edition guide book:

The Legendary Guide book comes with the one of the six main characters on the actual hard bound cover. Mine has Commander Carter - Nobel One:

dkane360

dkane360

I'm having trouble changing the weapons in firefight mode. I go into the game settings change starting weapons for elites and spartans to random primary and random secondary, then when I start the game it starts you with the normal weapons. I've tried on Firefight, Firefight classic, and gruntocalpyse. The grunt one is the only one that I've been able to get it to work with. Any suggestions?

Whitey80

Whitey80

Senior Audioholic
Would love to get a 4 man team for Legendary co-op and also make a good Firefight team. Played through Heroic solo, and it was definitely more brutal than previous Halo games. Found myself respawning alot.

My tag is: Nearly 50 Hobos
Send a message that you're from here along with friend request.

I hate co-op with people I get through matchmaking

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
The concussion and ringing effect after close by explosions does get old. With Legendary it can get ridiculous. It's like your playing in a daze.

Oh, and I freakin' hate the suicide grunts and the elite classes with the plasma grenade launcher. Those "homing" plasma grenades seem to hit you around corner. It make you learn how to use those armor effect real fast or get blown up all the time.
On legendary solo my strategy is to take out all the low class enemies like the grunts and jackals first. It makes dealing with the elite classes much more manageable. You have to be really patient and go for headshots.

The key I find to legendary is the "noob combo" which is the (overcharged) plasma pistol + long range weapon (DMR). The best way to deal with elites is to kill most of the surrounding enemies like grunts, brutes etc first. Find a manageable distance from the elite with cover. Then overcharge the plasma pistol, come out cover and by hitting the elite will knock out his shield with one hit. From there it is cake with a headshot(s).

dkane360

dkane360

Mine is maj0rl0ser

We need to get a group together for a coop of the campaign at Legendary level. I guess we could do a 4-person coop campaign(?).
I looked up your stats on bungie.net, and I was like HOLY COW 10 k/d spread?! Then I realized it was campaign. :D

I'm having trouble changing the weapons in firefight mode. I go into the game settings change starting weapons for elites and spartans to random primary and random secondary, then when I start the game it starts you with the normal weapons. I've tried on Firefight, Firefight classic, and gruntocalpyse. The grunt one is the only one that I've been able to get it to work with. Any suggestions?
and nvm about that, I figured it out

majorloser

majorloser

I really don't play much on-line. But I think I'll try to with Reach.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I am at the
MAC Cannon
on Legendary solo. Will be finishing up the campaign on this difficulty today. It was really fun, tough at times but I was never really frustrated. When I ended up dying over and over at some parts I would take a break, come back to that part and would usually beat it after a few tries.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis