Tarub

Tarub

Senior Audioholic
Coming out this Fall

Last edited by a moderator:
Serj22

Serj22

Full Audioholic
Stupid. It looks just as bad as ODST. You play Halo, because it's Halo, if you want to go investigate junk, play something else, we have Call of Duty for all that, and Halo is supposed to be rediculous, and unhuman, no investigation, no un-linear game-play, just one super force that can end an alien race.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I'm excited about it, can't wait to play the beta. The graphics are going to be better than any previous halo game.

majorloser

majorloser

Okay, I couldn't resist...

I pre-ordered the Halo Reach Legendary Edition last night from Gamestop.

I may suck at Halo and get fragged at every turn, but at least I'll have a cool statue to look at while I'm getting teabagged by an eight year old.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I keep my master chief helmet from the halo 3 legendary edition on my left surround back speaker. I can't wait for reach to come out, it looks like it will be a great addition to the halo series.

majorloser

majorloser

I keep my master chief helmet from the halo 3 legendary edition on my left surround back speaker. I can't wait for reach to come out, it looks like it will be a great addition to the halo series.
Yeah, I wanted that helmet, too. :(

But this time the statue is made by McFarlane and only available in the set. I have a few of their items and the detail is awesome. This should be no exception.

I'll post pics when I get it. Might be awhile, though. :rolleyes:
I haven't decided if I'll actually go pick it up at midnight.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I'm having my copy shipped from walmart, so no midnight release for me this time. If gamestop had the same kind of savings I got from walmart I would have ordered it from them. If you really want the master chief helmet, I may consider selling you mine, make me an offer.

majorloser

majorloser

The price is pretty much the same everywhere. But Walmart gives you a $20 gift card extra. But I went with Gamestop since they give you an extra armor over the two that come in the Legendary Edition.

Besides, if I get it Monday at midnight I might call in sick to work Tuesday. :D

I'm just sayin' I might be coming down with something......:rolleyes:

R

redman_43

Junior Audioholic
I may suck at Halo and get fragged at every turn, but at least I'll have a cool statue to look at while I'm getting teabagged by an eight year old.
Thanks. I just spit Pepsi all over my monitor.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Been playing Halo3 again. I am hit or miss. Some matches I get 15+ kills others I can't stop dying. I am the master of sticky grenades though :eek:

I will buy reach when it comes down to $20 :)

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Been playing Halo3 again. I am hit or miss. Some matches I get 15+ kills others I can't stop dying. I am the master of sticky grenades though :eek:

I will buy reach when it comes down to $20 :)
You can get Halo 3:ODST around that price now. Firefight multi-player which can be played offline and online is worth the price tag alone.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
The price is pretty much the same everywhere. But Walmart gives you a $20 gift card extra. But I went with Gamestop since they give you an extra armor over the two that come in the Legendary Edition.

Besides, if I get it Monday at midnight I might call in sick to work Tuesday. :D

I'm just sayin' I might be coming down with something......:rolleyes:
The e-gift card was what got me... but I did see newegg offering it for $45 at one point, not sure if they still offer that price or not. Walmart did say that it would be delivered on launch day, so I won't have to wait too long to get it. The beta was pretty good, I'm anxious to see what changes have been made since then. I keep an eye on the weekly update every Fri. night at bungie.net, and have seen some pretty cool vids so far.

majorloser

majorloser

I Have No Life

I stood in line out in front of Gamestop last night (actually sat in a folding chair) for over two hours waiting for the release of Halo Reach at midnight. I picked up my pre-ordered Legendary Edition of the game and a copy of the hardbound Legendary Edition guide book.

Right now I'm taking a little break from the Campaign Mode after playing for over three straight hours. So far the game is better than last installments. The sound and graphics are breathtaking. I haven't played in months so it's a little hard for me to get back into the swing. Eventually I'll get around to posting some pics. But not likely for awhile. :D

Caffeine is starting to kick in. Back to my Man Cave. :cool:

I wonder how many geeks called in sick today :rolleyes:

malvado78

malvado78

Full Audioholic
I stood in line out in front of Gamestop last night (actually sat in a folding chair) for over two hours waiting for the release of Halo Reach at midnight. I picked up my pre-ordered Legendary Edition of the game and a copy of the hardbound Legendary Edition guide book.

Right now I'm taking a little break from the Campaign Mode after playing for over three straight hours. So far the game is better than last installments. The sound and graphics are breathtaking. I haven't played in months so it's a little hard for me to get back into the swing. Eventually I'll get around to posting some pics. But not likely for awhile. :D

Caffeine is starting to kick in. Back to my Man Cave. :cool:

I wonder how many geeks called in sick today :rolleyes:
Could I ask how many people were there at Midnight at your store for the release?

I have always wondered how many people show up to something like that...

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Could I ask how many people were there at Midnight at your store for the release?

I did it for Halo 3, and Halo 3:ODST, but didn't this time around since getting it online was a better deal than getting it from gamestop. My fiancee already texted me to let me know it's been delivered, can't wait to go home and play.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Played a few games last night, and so far I like it. The new controller layout, and using loadouts will take some getting used to, but I think it adds a whole new dimension that should really make online play more interesting. Can't wait to dig into the campaign and do some co-op with my friends.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
new controller layout again? I finally mastered the Controller layout for Halo 3. Why don't they keep this the same???

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
new controller layout again? I finally mastered the Controller layout for Halo 3. Why don't they keep this the same???
It's not too different, but I think the Recon config is most similar to the old layout. There is no dual wield anymore, and I think the new layout is actually not bad, but with the changes they made to the game they pretty much had to remap some of the controls. It will just take a little getting used to.

My gamertag is Drastic Plastic if anyone wants to play online.

majorloser

majorloser

Where I bought my game was a small Gamestop in a little 5-shop strip mall located in front of a Super Walmart. It's also located about 1/2 mile from a larger Gamestop in a big mall.

Even so, there was approximately 200 people who waited for the midnight release out of over 300 pre-orders that store had. Another Gamestop store in town had well over 500 people waiting in line before the release. And I don't live in a large city, so I can only imagine the crowds in the big cities.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis