HALO Racks Up $300 million

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
HALO continues to rack up huge sales, Microsoft revealed that it's runaway sci-fi action blockbuster sold 5 million copies on it's first week alone. On pre orders alone the game grossed $170 million on it's first week. The latest numbers in show $300 million world wide, Microsoft reports that sales of X-Boxes are rising as new players want to experience the mystique behind HALO. Now can it topple GRAND THEFT: VICE CITY? At more than 13 million units it's still the king of vidgame sales.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
That's just crazy, but very believeable especially since they were selling lots of Legendary Editions at $130 each, and there were a million of those made, and lots of those were preordered.

Alamar

Alamar

Full Audioholic
I don't see H3 being an all-time record breaker but I'm happy to hear that it's selling well.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
wait till Christmas, or shortly thereafter, when kids are getting 360's and copies of Halo 3 for gifts... I think this holiday season will be good to Microsoft, not to mention the new Zunes that are coming out.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Now can it topple GRAND THEFT: VICE CITY? At more than 13 million units it's still the king of vidgame sales.
Ah, the good days for Sony when Grand Theft Auto was their pride and joy. Now that that Rockstar has agreed to release their games on both platforms at the same time; by contract and likely regretting it right now, Sony has lost quite a cash crop. I found it quite frustrating when they had trailers for GTA:4 and then pushed it back for next year because Sony has an extremely complicated gaming system. That isn't to say the PS3 is bad, it will be great once the software writers get the hang of it, but they are off to a bad start.

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
Ah, the good days for Sony when Grand Theft Auto was their pride and joy. Now that that Rockstar has agreed to release their games on both platforms at the same time; by contract and likely regretting it right now, Sony has lost quite a cash crop. I found it quite frustrating when they had trailers for GTA:4 and then pushed it back for next year because Sony has an extremely complicated gaming system. That isn't to say the PS3 is bad, it will be great once the software writers get the hang of it, but they are off to a bad start.
That might not be so true anymore. A while back Rockstar and Sony said they would be working very closely together at least after the new GTA is released, on at least one PS3 exclusive. Looks like they were serious about it.

GTA 7 would be the one after the upcoming release if you count by number not by name as Rockstar only released a new numbered GTA when a new engine is designed. Who knows if it is completely true, but from previous releases from both companies it could be and would help Sony greatly especially with their recent price cut.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
That might not be so true anymore. A while back Rockstar and Sony said they would be working very closely together at least after the new GTA is released, on at least one PS3 exclusive. Looks like they were serious about it.

GTA 7 would be the one after the upcoming release if you count by number not by name as Rockstar only released a new numbered GTA when a new engine is designed. Who knows if it is completely true, but from previous releases from both companies it could be and would help Sony greatly especially with their recent price cut.
That actually sounds very cool and promising.

Thank you Avaserfi

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
300 million minus 400 million to fix the quarterly Xbox 360 numbers = -100million dollars.

SheepStar

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
300 million minus 400 million to fix the quarterly Xbox 360 numbers = -100million dollars.

SheepStar
that 300 million is just the first week... this game will continue to sell for a while, but will probably slow down after the holidays.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
that 300 million is just the first week... this game will continue to sell for a while, but will probably slow down after the holidays.
And the console will continue to break down.

SheepStar

mikeyj92

mikeyj92

Full Audioholic
No it won't. CPU die shrink. Problem solved.
I don't know what you just said, but if MS has a fix, aren't they using it?

I just got a refurbed 360 back from their repair center on 10/4/07 and it is freezing up already.

They don't know HOW to fix their own machines.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
And the console will continue to break down.

SheepStar
that may be so, and it's a different thread... but even with the console's problems, the game is still selling like hotcakes. I've yet to have any issues with mine, or the first one I had which was stolen, and my friend has two of them, and no problems yet. Of all the people I personally know with a 360, only one of them has had to send theirs in for repair/replacement.

obscbyclouds

obscbyclouds

Senior Audioholic
Another hijacked thread. Regardless, Halo 3 will continue to make Bungie and MS lots of money...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis