G

<font color='#000000'>What is the deal with the Harman Kardon DPR 1001? I saw it at Circuit City for $699. &nbsp;H/K has an MSRP of $1499, CC apparently started at 999.

I was looking at an AVR 330, but the DPR 1001 is the same price, and is supposed to be new digital path technology, but it sounded like the guy did not know what he was talking about.

How can it be so light compared to the AVR 330, about half the weight, and yet put out the same amount of power (approx 50 w x 7 ch)?

While it appears to be very flexible, apparently it uses this &quot;new&quot; and very efficient Class D Pulse Width Modulation for the amplifier section, which is supposed to explain why it is so light and cool running, and why it is half the size and weight of the more conventional AVR 330.

It feels kind of cheap because it is so small and light weight...but typically, I have heard that H/K is a very reputable company.

Thanks</font>

J

jberc

Audiophyte
love my dpr 1001

It's a digital amp so it's much smaller than other HK receivers and it runs much cooler. Still sound great though. I got mine to fit in a small enclosure in a small apartment and it is perfect.

selkec

selkec

Audioholic
I have the HK DPR2005. It is a nice receiver. My only complaint is sometimes it loses its settings. LIke the renaming of the video inputs. But thats just minor prob. Other than that the DPR line is good sounding in my opinion.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis