R

rack04

Junior Audioholic
I recently read the awesome review of the H/K AVR130 here at Audioholics. I read about the cons of this purchase and I was wondering if the AVR230 corrects some of these (i.e. component video switching, A/B speaker outs, and on-screen display)?

annunaki

annunaki

The H/K AVR-230 corrects all of those cons with the exception of the A/B speaker outputs.

R

rack04

Junior Audioholic
So I guess that it is worth spending the extra $70 to get the AVR-230? Maybe someone can explain the purpose for the A/B Speaker Outputs. Also, does component video switching mean that you can switch between multiple component video inputs to monitor output?

N

nm2285

Senior Audioholic
For the first part of your question: A/B speaker switching allows you to hook up two different sets of speakers to the receiver. They'll each get the same stereo signal (so it wouldnt be like surround speakers), but you can turn each set on/off individually (good for testing or maybe a second room system...whatever)

R

rack04

Junior Audioholic
So, does component video switching mean that you can switch between multiple component video inputs to monitor output? Is this the feature that makes it HDTV compatible?

Last edited:
U

Unregistered

Component switching allows you to switch multiple component inputs to a single component out. Typically, it is not to 'monitor' out as that is usually only for composite and s-video. Unless the receiver can convert composite/s-video to component you will still have to use mulitple connections to your tv.

R

rack04

Junior Audioholic
So, on a receiver that has component video switching it will have multiple component in and one component out to the tv?

R

rack04

Junior Audioholic
Am I correct in assuming that because the AVR 230 is only 30MHz wideband it will not truely be able to do HDTV component Video Switching?

A

Axel_7

Audiophyte
Does the 130 video switching allow, for s video into the receiver and rca plug (monitor out)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis