B

billmautz

Audiophyte
Is it possible to burn wav as well as mp3 at the same time to the same cdr? I'm needing to make a number of copies of a 46 cassette music set for gifts. I have it digitized as wave and mp3, thinking the latter may be more useful to those wanting to use their ipods. I can't get both sides of a cassette on as wave (it comes in at about .9-1.1 gb) but I'm wondering if there is any reason I can't but both the wav and mp3 versions of one side of a cassette per cd. I just tried to burn the first one and hit an undesignated error message. Is it a no no to have both formats on one cd? thanks

VidaBox

VidaBox

<a href="http://www.vidabox.com/" target="_blank">
While I could be wrong, those who have ipods can use iTunes to transcode/convert the wav file you're supplying into mp3's or smaller file formats, so there's no need to include 2 types of files, short of convenience.

If you're burning a data CD, there shouldn't be any problems burning both formats onto 1 CD. If you're expecting to burn a CD that will play in a car/stereo, then you need to do a multi-session disc (which is where you *may* be getting the error from). Something like NERO should be able to take care of that.

Best of luck!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis