Great popcorn movie? Cellular!

20to20K

Full Audioholic
Took a chance on this one at blockbuster the other day and boy was I impressed. Implausible as hell but exciting, fast paced and suprisingly well acted. Adding Macy and Oscar winner Basinger gave it some class. The "Transporter" guy gave it some mean muscle (even though he slipped a couple times and let out his British accent), and the lead guy reminded me of what Ben Affleck would be like if he could act and bothered to read a script before he chose a movie.

The near real-time sequencing added a nice twist. Even the cliche'd stereotypes were amusing: 1) Obnoxious lawyer who gets his, 2) Super Ethnic Queen Latifah wannabee towing dispatcher, 3) Bad guy who refuses to just shoot the hero in the end (He must find out who he is first!) giving the partner, who was presumed out of the picture, plenty of time to save his bacon. Great stuff!

This is about as enjoyable a "Schmuck can be a Hero" movie can be!

4 Stars!!

Any other "Schmuck Saves The Day" movies of note...besides the "Earnest saves...." series!

Last edited:
I

Ilovemovies

Audioholic Intern
Is the guy who played the lawyer in that movie a stand up comic? I'm trying to figure out where I've seen him , and I keep thinking he is a comedian

20to20K

Full Audioholic
Ilovemovies said:
Is the guy who played the lawyer in that movie a stand up comic? I'm trying to figure out where I've seen him , and I keep thinking he is a comedian
Yeah...I had the same feeling that I'd seen him somewhere before but couldn't figure out where. I don't watch much standup comedy so I doubt it was that. I'm pretty sure it would have been a movie or TV show...

20to20K

Full Audioholic
I stand corrected!

WmAx said:
I thought I had seen before somewhere but based on that bio line it's clear that I've NEVER seen him in anything before. The only thing on that list I've seen was "Day after Tomorrow" and it appears if I sneezed I would have missed him.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis