great place to find dvda audio discs

B

BMW

Junior Audioholic
Hoping to find a online place to view and find dvda audio discs. Any suggestions would be appreciated as the brick and mortar store has disappeared. Thanks
BMW

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Amazon.com carries them. I've also ordered discs from acousticsounds.com, but they don't seem to have many DVD-A discs anymore.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
There isn't really a great place left to get a good selection of them, and many of the best are already out of print. I usually pick up what I can at Amazon also.

What genres of music?

Pick up the Porcupine Tree DVD-As NOW:) At the very least, pick up In Absentia.

T

Trev

Audioholic

"DVDA stands for Double Vaginal Double Anal, but to us it really means... 'Hey, lets hang out'"
-Matt & Trey

:D

No idea where to find their album. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Can someone list some good Pop & Jazz ones? I only have Seal IV on DVD-A and it's great.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Yes Sea Change is expensive on SACD, maybe cheaper on DVD-A? I like Beck too but dang. Cool thanks I will pick up Krall even though I have it on regular CD.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Holy crap what is this? DTS audio? Amazon.com: Love Scenes [DTS Required]: Diana Krall: Music
These sound any good?
Yes they are good, but as always, depends on the mix/master/5.1 mastering. DTS-CDs are pre-DVD-A and essentially became DVD-A. Nearly all DVD-As also include a DTS track that can be played on all DTS capable DVD players (which should mean all BD players, not all DVD players are DTS capable), and most CD players with a digital output. So basically, the dts discs are a decent alternative, but in most cases I've found the DVD-A track are still slightly better.

For Diana Krall, I prefer the stereo tracks on the SACD.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
This one any good? Amazon.com: Blue Man Group - Audio: Blue Man Group: Music
The complex is too expensive.
I will let you know, I ordered it when I was looking yesterday and will have it tomorrow :D

This SACD is pretty good too for the price if you like Danny Elfman:
http://www.amazon.com/Danny-Elfman-Serenada-Schizophrana-Hybrid/dp/B000HEZF7C/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1348610429&sr=8-3-fkmr0&keywords=danny+elfman+schitzo

As I've said in other threads, a lot of the highly sought after discs are out of print or are rare, so the prices are quite high for them. Which sucks because I could have bought a lot of them new for face price of about $12-15 when they were in the stores...and I didn't.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Audio showed up today, listening to it now. The audio and multichannel mix on the MLP (DVD-A) tracks are just as good as The Complex. As the name implies, it is Audio only, no singing. That isn't a problem because the music is good, however I do have to say I prefer The Complex. Still highly recommended for the surround mix. It is a flipper disc, so sort of like a Dual Disc, with the MLP tracks on one side and the DVD on the other. I was kind of disappointed that they showed a super jewel case case, which I prefer, and it showed up in a DVD case.

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
Ya, what marketing genius thought a case that won't fit into a standard cd rack was a good idea?

DJ

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis