Great Harman Kardon service!!

E

EddieG

Audioholic
I had an issue with my bluray player and getting decent bass with the 6 channel audio. I emailed Harman Kardon tech support to see if the issue was with the receiver and even though the tech rep did not know for sure where the issue was, he offered to replace it "just in case". I fixed the issue with help from these forums so I don't need to replace it, but just because they offered I will be a Harman Kardon customer for life!! (Not that I will need a new receiver any time soon).

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Maybe that explains their refurbished receivers, they take them back for any reason.:D

race4aliving

race4aliving

Audioholic
I believe they are so good at customer service because they have soooooo much experience at it.
I have always liked their stuff and have owned my share of it starting with the first Citation 16 I bought and then had to have repaired on numerous occasions and eventually replaced.
I should have known that would happen as I was working for a H/K dealer at the time and the lack of reliability was issue even back then. not learning my lesson with the amps I also had problems with their cassette decks and pre-amps.
about six or seven years ago I thought I'd give them another chance so I bought a receiver sure enough I had a problem with it and had it repaired 3 times and then eventually replaced. if you search the forums you will see I'm not alone but, they were always great folks to deal with and did their best to solve my problems and make me happy.
Like I said before I still like their stuff but, when I buy H/K I know I will sometime in the not to distant future I'll be getting more great customer service.

emorphien

emorphien

Audioholic General
I have not yet experienced their customer service. I have an AVR225 which I've had now for five-ish years and it is used heavily (it's used for everything in the living room from TV to music to HTPC to DVDs to consoles) and I have only had problems with one thing: the rear optical inputs. Every now and then I have to jiggle the optical cable to get it to pick up on the signal. I've yet to really troubleshoot it, lately it's been totally fine.

I figure if anything on it dies I'll probably just replace it, it's got no more room to expand and it can't do HDMI switching obviously but I could really use that. Basically it's loaded to capacity and on almost every day for hours a day. At some point it probably will fizzle out :(

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis