slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I was hoping somebody would post that photo! Jim's team does a lot of nice work. Those Clef Inlays are cool. (Not my style, even as a trained musician, though.) But' he's done plenty of other cool stuff too... it just costs more. :D
Right...."how deep are your pockets" seems to be how Salk operates.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Right...."how deep are your pockets" seems to be how Salk operates.
Only to a certain extent. If you want rare wood veneers which can cost significantly more, inlays, or anything else that requires a higher level of craftsmanship or labor time, yes.
And I would do the same! ;)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I couldn't say particularly....but if throwing around a lot of OPM I'd first spend some time on a trip to go listen to things I haven't had a chance to....speakers primarily, electronics don't get me excited. Lots out there....
On second thought, since it's OPM anyways, I think I'd just have them all delivered here for in-home trials....much easier and be in the room they'd be used in :)

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I’d do something more like a border in brass but the wood stain is sexy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As I understand it, Jim Salk is primarily a perfectionist craftsman who found speakers as a means to make a living making high quality pieces in this world of mass production which most of us (myself included) live in, (but speakers is an area where I might splurge)!
I may be wrong, but suspect he loves taking on the challenge of a unique custom design.
If you have the coin, he has the speaker!
His prices for custom work are reasonable for the level of craftsmanship he obtains.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
So amps, integrated’s and separates, spending OPM what would you want? For music it would definitely be something with VU meters although Musical Fidelity looks good on paper.

Would it have to be the best possible sound quality or “the sound” you like? What’s the real goal here, if money wasn’t a factor and you could have anything, would you spend stupid money or would you buy exactly what touched your soul? What would that be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
For a dedicated HT Rig, I would go JTR Noesis 215RTs for mains, and 210RTs for Center, Surrounds and Rears. Since I'm doing JTR for speakers, It seems only reasonable to use 3 of the Captivator 4000ULF-LPs to lock down the low end. I'm pretty certain he could recommend suitable Coaxial Atmos Modules to install, so... I'll check that box called Dealers Choice.
Based on the way the HTP-1 is performing, I think preordering the ATP-1 would be sensible. :p And if I'm going ATI, I'll go with their Amps to power everything.
:)

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
For a dedicated HT Rig, I would go JTR Noesis 215RTs for mains, and 210RTs for Center, Surrounds and Rears.
There's something about that that confuses me.

Does the 210RT sound exactly like the 215RT?

If yes, it sounds the same: Why wouldn't you use the smaller, cheaper speaker for L/R?

If no, it doesn't sound the same: Why would you use it as a center channel? You are going to have all sorts of audio issues with an LCR that don't all perform the same.

I can understand why people without AT screens need to deal with a different orientation speaker; but an unmatched speaker leaves me scratching my head.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
There's something about that that confuses me.

Does the 210RT sound exactly like the 215RT?

If yes, it sounds the same: Why wouldn't you use the smaller, cheaper speaker for L/R?

If no, it doesn't sound the same: Why would you use it as a center channel? You are going to have all sorts of audio issues with an LCR that don't all perform the same.

I can understand why people without AT screens need to deal with a different orientation speaker; but an unmatched speaker leaves me scratching my head.
I'm looking at the low end response, more than anything. Of course, my instinct is to match the front 3 more closely, but I suspect the Coax Driver is close enough (If not the same) to work between the two. That said, I'm much more in the Geddes school in terms of setting up the bass, so two full range mains and three quite capable Subs, properly arranged should do. :)

Now just to be clear, If I were told that I should absolutely just do all the 215s for the bed layer, and I didn't have to shell out the money... Of course I would! :p

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Maybe something like a jacuzzi at floor level in living room, then build home theater around that. Scarface style. LOL :)

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
If money was no object, I would have a large land with a mansion. It would contain everything worthwhile including a ballroom. I would hire musicians, full orchestras and singers to perform every weekend and for special occasions, not reproductions but the real thing!

S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
For the last 40 years I've wanted a pair of JBL L200's, now reincarnated as the JBL 4367's but at $15,000 a pair the purchase has been beyond my means.
OIP.jpg

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
For a dedicated HT Rig, I would go JTR Noesis 215RTs for mains, and 210RTs for Center, Surrounds and Rears. Since I'm doing JTR for speakers, It seems only reasonable to use 3 of the Captivator 4000ULF-LPs to lock down the low end. I'm pretty certain he could recommend suitable Coaxial Atmos Modules to install, so... I'll check that box called Dealers Choice.
Based on the way the HTP-1 is performing, I think preordering the ATP-1 would be sensible. :p And if I'm going ATI, I'll go with their Amps to power everything.
:)
JTR has some new height speakers. Grab 4-8 of them and you would have one hell of a HT build.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
If money was no object I would get B&W 800 D3 Diamonds and use them for LCR/Sides and surrrounds. I would get a DataSat or Trinnov processor and use McIntosh amps for everything. For subs I would use 4 JTR 4000's.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Too many to choose from!
I can say I’d start shopping at Legacy, but would definitely include JTR, and while not THE most expensive, I think a bed layer of JBL M2’s would be badass.

Or some Salons, or blades, or...

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis