Grassy's Theater Room

ARES24

ARES24

Full Audioholic
Grassy is right, I was being facetious! That's what the ' ' were for!

<see pic

Grassy

Grassy

Full Audioholic
Just got these for the lounge room and for the price i paid i feel i got a great bargain. These also came with 50 meters speaker cable and a free LCD cleaning kit for a low price of $740 Australian dollars. Just entry level stuff but its all i need for watching sitcoms and cooking shows with the family.Its the "Pure Acoustics supernova 8 5.1 speaker package"

Attachments

Grassy

Grassy

Full Audioholic
I put this video together guys and thought you would like a peek.

Last edited:
TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Cute video, love the WB intro. Might offer a 'preview' version that limited to a couple mins...

Grassy

Grassy

Full Audioholic
Cute video, love the WB intro. Might offer a 'preview' version that limited to a couple mins...
Yea it is a little long, i tried to get everything in there that i could. I might need to go back to the drawing board. Thanks for the comment mate:)

Grassy

Grassy

Full Audioholic
I picked up these 2 star wars statue's today in Big W and looked like a real dill carrying them both back to the car.:D

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Hi guys, this is my first post here on this forum and thought i would let you all know what components i am using and what room i view my passion in. Its a dedicated building 8.5m x 5.5m and has a "hanson block outside wall structure" 200mm thick filled with concrete.It has been rendered then texture coated on the outside for appearances sake.On the inside i have placed timber batterns on the walls and lined them with 2 layers of "Boral soundstop plasterboard' 26mm thick(13mm each).The celing is a standard 8 feet and also has 2 layers of 13mm sound stop board and insulated with accoustic Gold celing bats rated at a value of 7.0.The carpet is an axminster commercial grade and the tiles are 400x400.There are no windows and there is 2 hardwood doors on a metal door frame to keep unwanted noise out. All work was done by myself except for the laying of the carpet.
Glad to have you on board your theater room is simply stunning! Love your Yamaha speakers!

Grassy

Grassy

Full Audioholic
Hey thanks Danzilla31. Will be adding 2 more in ceiling speakers in the coming days and a 2 channel amp for them. The yammy speakers sound amazing.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Hey thanks Danzilla31. Will be adding 2 more in ceiling speakers in the coming days and a 2 channel amp for them. The yammy speakers sound amazing.
I bet I love yammyha speakers a lot of good ones have flown under the radar. Good luck with the install what in ceiling speakers are you using if I may ask?

Grassy

Grassy

Full Audioholic
Got some great results after running the Audyssey pro (no app) and found that all distances were spot on except the sub distance. Did not change anything though. Also did not go into speaker setting and adjust crossovers all to 80hz as i just left it as Audyssey gave me.I left Dynamic eq on at reference level and also mid range compensation too. I noticed that by leaving the midrange compensation on my centre channel dialogue was not so harsh.That was a big difference to the first run i had by turning it off. All measurement were taken within a 600mm range from the first measurement as opposed to spacing them out onto each seat in the front row. I basically stuck to the main listening position row with measurements taken a little towards the front and rear also only 8 measurements were taken.Dynamic volume was left on the light setting. Some of the best results i have ever had.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis