Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
That Mines is probably what I was going to pick up next. Sounds like it would be a good choice :)

B

Bluesmoke

Audioholic Chief
Also check out the Elise tuned 111R. That thing doesn't have a lot of top speed but for Suzuka, it's amazing! With any other cars, Suzuka's corners have to be taken in 3rd gear with 60-75mph. With the tuned Elise, I can do 85mph. It handles like on rails.

S

samandnoah

Enthusiast
I'm a complete noob @ racing simulators, and don't know crap about racing, but I just got this game and love the way it looks. Since I don't know anything about racing, I am really struggling, even in the mid C-class races.

Can any of you recommend a tutorial, or something that would help me better understand the dynamics? I'm not looking for cheats, just something that will help me improve my performance.

And here's a simple question: when you complete a race (and assuming you've placed and want to move to the next race), how do you do that without exiting? It must be possible, and I bet it's simple, but all I see are ways to do the race again, or go exit and then reenter for the next event.

Thanks,
Rich

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
As far as I know, it isn't possible. Turn on driving line, that will help you improve your times. The driving line is "ideal" and is not the right line for every situation, but is a good indicator of where you should be on the track to get better times. You also have to get good at figuring out what works best with the limited tuning you have initially.

Try a track with the car in automatic initially, until you learn the track, then switch to a manual transmission because you will be much faster with the slower cars when shifting properly.

S

samandnoah

Enthusiast
As far as I know, it isn't possible. Turn on driving line, that will help you improve your times. The driving line is "ideal" and is not the right line for every situation, but is a good indicator of where you should be on the track to get better times. You also have to get good at figuring out what works best with the limited tuning you have initially.

Try a track with the car in automatic initially, until you learn the track, then switch to a manual transmission because you will be much faster with the slower cars when shifting properly.
Thanks for the info. I've been using the driving line. Here's where I think I need help (besides moving to MT) -- as I'm approaching a curve, what's the ideal way to slow down so I can stay on the line? I'm coming in at ~100MPH, and it's flashing that I should be coming into the turn @ 70MPH, should I be A) braking?, B) foot off of accelerator?, C) something else?

Thanks!
Rich

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
IMO, a combination of both - Braking will have to be done in a straight line before you begin the turn or you will lose control (more important with the faster cars). Depending on the turn, I find I can usually just back off the gas and accellerate as needed, though on tight turns, braking will likely be required (tracks like Suzuka and the London street course). Getting back on the gas at the right time is important to, as you need to "drive" through the corner. You can also try what was mentioned earlier, trail braking, where you are on the gas and use a little brake also to maintain the proper rotation of the car through the turn. When you switch to the MT, you will also use downshifting to adjust what the car is doing. These are all real world techniques, and just like in real life, they take some practice to get better at them.

I am having some difficulty getting gold in the A class on a few of the challenges, so I have been trying different cars.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis