speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Oh yeah, I was all about Sue LOL

And I thoroughly enjoyed it. I laughed, I cried, I cheered, I got angry, I felt desperate, the whole bit.
Yeah, I ran through the same gambit of emotions. Hope to see much more of Sue!!!!!!! The ending was one to be remembered that is for sure. Just wished it was not Clint's last acting role. Maybe he will change his mind who really knows. Only time will tell!!!!

Cheers,

Phil

Chopin_Guy

Chopin_Guy

Senior Audioholic
A little late to the discussion but shaw the film last week and thought it was fantasic!!! I would have to agree with the above post as the you got through an interesting range of expression and feelings in this movie. Very wll done!!!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
A little late to the discussion but shaw the film last week and thought it was fantasic!!! I would have to agree with the above post as the you got through an interesting range of expression and feelings in this movie. Very wll done!!!
I am glad you liked it as well. I also noticed that you must be a Christopher Walken fan. He is one of my favorite actors period. Lots of talent if you ask me. Speaking of which, he is over due for a good movie role. My guess is he has been taking time off.

Cheers,

Phil

D

dwhilljr

Enthusiast
If you like Christopher Walken I highly suggest "At Close Range" its a mid 80's ish movie with Sean Penn, Awesome Awesome Movie!!! walken at his best

Chopin_Guy

Chopin_Guy

Senior Audioholic
Indeed he is due for something with substance....it has been a long while since he has done a real role...I don't think that his cameo in 'Balls of Fury' counts....except for fun....

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
If you like Christopher Walken I highly suggest "At Close Range" its a mid 80's ish movie with Sean Penn, Awesome Awesome Movie!!! walken at his best
Oh, I seldom miss seeing a Walken movie. I think I do remember seeing him in "At Close Range". Over-time, he has developed a corky sense of humor. I prefer it when Walken is a bad guy-you know roughy toughy so to speak.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Indeed he is due for something with substance....it has been a long while since he has done a real role...I don't think that his cameo in 'Balls of Fury' counts....except for fun....
I agree. Hopefully, he will come out in something that brings back his classic ways. Although, Walken has a comedic side to him, I prefer it when he is the bad guy. That is when he really is at his best imho. As you mention, Walken is long over-due for such a role.

Cheers,

Phil

CraigV

CraigV

Audioholic General
I live in the greater Twin Cities area of Minnesota. Outside of California, we have the largest population of Hmong people in the US. I work directly with one Hmong woman, and there are many more where we work. In fact, the young man who played Tao is from St Paul.

The movie depicts these people in a very accurate way – there are gangs to contend with, but the vast majority of Hmong people are very community minded and friendly. Several years ago, I took my kids to a local playground, and there were some 7 Hmong families there. As they always do, my kids went about playing with whatever kids were on the playground at the time, and I sat & watched. Before too long, an elderly Hmong man came to me with a plate of food, and asked that I join in the feast the families had prepared. His grandson had to translate for him, and said it was tradition to invite anyone in the community to join in their bounty. I accepted, and we sat and talked for a time. When it was time to go, I thanked them and they seemed grateful that they had made a new friend.

Given the state of the region they come from, they are a unique people, and the film captures their essence very well. I too enjoyed seeing Clint Eastwood in this role. Kind of made me think of him as a modern day Archie Bunker – tough exterior, but soft underneath.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I live in the greater Twin Cities area of Minnesota. Outside of California, we have the largest population of Hmong people in the US. I work directly with one Hmong woman, and there are many more where we work. In fact, the young man who played Tao is from St Paul.

The movie depicts these people in a very accurate way – there are gangs to contend with, but the vast majority of Hmong people are very community minded and friendly. Several years ago, I took my kids to a local playground, and there were some 7 Hmong families there. As they always do, my kids went about playing with whatever kids were on the playground at the time, and I sat & watched. Before too long, an elderly Hmong man came to me with a plate of food, and asked that I join in the feast the families had prepared. His grandson had to translate for him, and said it was tradition to invite anyone in the community to join in their bounty. I accepted, and we sat and talked for a time. When it was time to go, I thanked them and they seemed grateful that they had made a new friend.

Given the state of the region they come from, they are a unique people, and the film captures their essence very well. I too enjoyed seeing Clint Eastwood in this role. Kind of made me think of him as a modern day Archie Bunker – tough exterior, but soft underneath.
Hi Craig, and thanks for sharing. Very interesting write-up. This is a must see in my book. Highly cultural and down right accurate in how it is portrayed. I could not agree with you more. Glad you liked it. Have a blessed day.

Cheers,

Phil

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Phil I'm very glad you recommended this movie.
We finally got around to seeing it a few hours ago.

I worked with a tough old marine from the Korean War, and Clint played him to a tee.
I tend to agree with others here about Political Correctness; it will be (if it hasn't already) the nail in coffin of our country.

Most did a fine acting job, though the kid (Thao) locked in the basement did a terrible job in that scene.

This is a movie I'll buy when it comes out on DVD.
I owned the same exact car in light blue, it's just another reason for me to buy the movie.:D

Thanks again Phil

Rick

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Haven't seen the movie, but just from the trailer, he reminds me of two of my uncles who are both former navy.

CraigV

CraigV

Audioholic General
Most did a fine acting job, though the kid (Thao) locked in the basement did a terrible job in that scene.

Rick
I have to agree, that scene just didn't fit, especially given that it was close to the climax of the film.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Phil I'm very glad you recommended this movie.
We finally got around to seeing it a few hours ago.

I worked with a tough old marine from the Korean War, and Clint played him to a tee.
I tend to agree with others here about Political Correctness; it will be (if it hasn't already) the nail in coffin of our country.

This is a movie I'll buy when it comes out on DVD.
I owned the same exact car in light blue, it's just another reason for me to buy the movie.:D

Thanks again Phil

Rick
Great Rick, very glad you enjoyed it. I also agree in that Thao being locked in the basement was not acted out very well. At least his sister was hot. :D:D We all know that never hurts. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Haven't seen the movie, but just from the trailer, he reminds me of two of my uncles who are both former navy.
Hurry up already!!!! Just kidding John, but I couldn't resist. :eek::eek:

Cheers,

Phil

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis