GotAudio’s 7.2 setup

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah, you defusing want to keep that nice new CC in the AVR. I was just thinking a couple 2x4 sections under the feet of the tv would make for a nice riser to make room for the CC on the entertainment center. It will perform much better up there too, as well as blending with the mains better. Good score.
For sure. You should definitely get a bump in sq and clarity from that center just bringing it up to ear level. That by itself will likely improve things more than the new speaker.

G

GotAudio

Audioholic
I figured I would have to move the CC as it’s blocking 2/3 of vent opening on receiver.

2x4s under TV is a good idea .. thx !!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I figured I would have to move the CC as it’s blocking 2/3 of vent opening on receiver.

Roger that. You could paint them to match, or even find something more interesting. Of course subtlety would prove better.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord

This is from way back when I first started upgrading. Those blocks were a nice, cheap simple solution and didn't look too bad either.

20170415_103226-1305x734.jpg

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
This is from way back when I first started upgrading. Those blocks were a nice, cheap simple solution and didn't look too bad either.

View attachment 44759
Ahhh the good ol days!

I made a whole entertainment center out of concrete blocks and some plywood once. Wish I could find some pics. It was pretty badass.

G

GotAudio

Audioholic
I had to delay setting up in my garage but I was able to setup my new Elac towers in my living room and move the Sonys to the rear. Now I’m questioning about whether I should keep the system in my living room and add Atmos enabled Elac speakers on top of my towers.. or do you think the 2 front height speakers would be good enough in garage? btw: my garage doesn’t have a flat ceiling so no atmos enabled speakers in there..

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Ahhh the good ol days!

I made a whole entertainment center out of concrete blocks and some plywood once. Wish I could find some pics. It was pretty badass.
And I was going to say that in Canada those wood blocks would have been cinder blocks. :D

G

GotAudio

Audioholic
I’ve been MAJOR procrastinating but finally setup 90% of my system in garage today. I couldn’t figure a way to mount the Sonance ceiling speakers in the “open ceiling” garage so Im going to try to sell them and bought a pair of Klipsch Reference bookshelf speakers on sale from BB today and will use them as heights.

I got 2 rugs from Home Depot and bought sound insulating pads on Amazon and layered the floor and put the rugs over them. I have some left over and I may double sided tape them to the garage panels.

Plus I got a portable Delonghi AC from Costco that has this “whisper” technology that supposed to make machine much quieter. It’s much quieter than my previous systems from years back. You can kinda see it in the picture and breathing under garage and I used a tarp to cover remaining opening of garage. It’s rated at 700 sq ft. so it’s plenty powerful.

btw: used 2 Raid foggers in garage about a month ago and hope the critters haven’t come back (if there were any).

What do you think?

132E7DEE-A652-48FB-AB8F-35C706DFE5C1.jpeg
B45C3AC0-D39E-4462-A161-E63E7B8BF9E6.jpeg
166D96FC-54C3-493E-9403-5907443A0575.jpeg
9B5A5FDF-BF66-43F5-8112-A79347EAB797.jpeg

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis