Got the bug for upgrade

• Thread starter William C Jarrett
  • Start date
William C Jarrett

William C Jarrett

Enthusiast
I have a 7.1 SVS surround system I bought 9 years ago.I have SVS STS-01 Towers for the front. I recently upgraded my SCS-01 center to the Ultra Center. I have a SVS PB-10 NCB SUB. Have 2 SCS-01 for soround and those small SVS bookshelf for the rears.
Wondering if the the new Ultra Bookshelf would be worth the money. I hear another sub would improve things. My room 12 by 14. My reciever is Yamaha RX-A1050

Attachments

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'd think changing your L/R speakers to match your center could be a good move, altho not all that familiar with the SCS01, not clear what the L/R are now either (more SCS01's?). Hard to know where you feel your system is lacking without more info, tho. You might appreciate a larger more powerful sub, but in a room that size what you've got now is probably pretty good. You can always buy more content to enjoy rather than hardware, too....

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Not knowing if you re ran RC after the new center, do you think it sounds cohesive currently? Without your room size hard to recommend a sub, but I would recommend upgrade it.

S

shkumar4963

Audioholic
I have a 7.1 SVS surround system I bought 9 years ago. I recently upgraded my SCS-01 center to the Ultra Center. I have a SVS PB-10 NCB SUB. Have SCS-01 for soround and those small SVS bookshelf for the rears.
Wondering if the the new Ultra Bookshelf would be worth the money. I hear another sub would improve things. My room 12 by 14. My reciever is Yamaha RX-A1050
Look beyond SVS. Last nine years have seen many speaker innovations. Kef LS50 has been rated as class A (limited low end) by stereophile. I bought it and am using with SVS sub. Great system but you have to audition it to believe it. But only audition it with a suitable sub.

Good luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
You don't need a lot of speakers or subs for a 12' x 14' room.

If you want to change your system solely b/c of the upgrade bug, I think just getting a whole matching system would be cool.

It could be all matching SVS Ultra system + sub, like 5 Ultra bookshelf + sub. No need for 7.1 for a 12 x 14 room.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis